Best single AAA

kooter

Enlightened
The only AAA i have is the Jetbeam Jet u, i also have the Lumapower Avenger sitting under the tree. Im really getting a thing for these AAA lights, and was wondering what others are out there that i have missed as i just discovered the Liteflux LF2 tonight. How did i miss that? I really like throwers, but realise these little guys cant be made to throw that far, so what else is out there?

husky20

Banned
:twothumbsI just got the fenix lod r80 rebel a few weeks ago and love it.Its very very bright and lights up my whole condo no problem.Ive put it on my keychain with the optional lobster claw keychain hook its the best.60 LUMENS STRONG !

gunga

Flashaholic
I've tried quite a few, including:

- smj modded solitaire
- Fenix L0D CE
- Fenix L0D, Seoul modded.
- Jetbeam Jet-u
- Liteflux LF2
- Lumapower Avenger (very brief, have not had a chance to do a thorough test).

Overall, I like the Fenixes for EDC. I EDC an L0D CE, but the seoul modded LOD gives great flood with better efficiency than a jet-u. I have used, but no longer use 10440 in the Fenix (just not comfortable overdriving stuff that much).

Liteflux is great in features, but I found it buggy and never trusted it fully.

Jet-u is nice but switching a bit unreliable and too floody for me. Not as effiecent too.

The Lumapower I just got. It's too big for me to EDC, but I like the clicky. I have not had a good chance to get to know it yet, so will reserve comment. Overall, a nice light that works well with 10440 tho.

Have not had experience with arc etc., but those are no-nonsense designs that generally work very well. Not fancy, but they just work.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's also the Tiablo A1 that hasn't been mentioned. A bit larger head and reflector for more throw (relatively).

The only AAA lights I have are E1 and E0 (dim, long running). I always carry a brighter, larger (not by much) light with me with a clicky so I have no need for a bright AAA, but having some would still be fun. You can amass a huge collection of cool AAA bright lights and take pics for all of us to enjoy.

kooter

Enlightened
So the only other 3 worth mentioning are..

1. Tiablo A1
2. Fenix LOD rebel
3. Liteflux LF2.

The Fenixstore doesnt even have the LOD rebel listed.

GBone

Newly Enlightened
Used to carry the L0D CE, replaced it with the new L0D Q4 couple weeks ago... love it!

Arc AAA always rides on my keychain or neck lanyard, an amazing light that can "take a licking and keep on ticking."

The L0D BLOWS the Arc away for brightness and UI, but the Arc is built like a tank and will NEVER let you down. Thats why I find they make the perfect pair!

:twothumbs

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 for the LiteFlux2. I love mine. I'm mildly interested in a new Rebel-based AAA light, but I have many other things to buy first.

Dances with Flashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Used to carry the L0D CE, replaced it with the new L0D Q4 couple weeks ago... love it!

Arc AAA always rides on my keychain or neck lanyard, an amazing light that can "take a licking and keep on ticking."

The L0D BLOWS the Arc away for brightness and UI, but the Arc is built like a tank and will NEVER let you down. Thats why I find they make the perfect pair!

:twothumbs

GBone couldn't be more right!

Garand

Newly Enlightened
I know it is not so modern or powerfull but I like my Streamlight Task-Light 1AA. The run time is amazing.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe 4sevens said the Rebel Fenixes will be coming in next year sometime as Fenix has to replenish their Rebel supply, so the L0D Rebel should be available early next year. I think the Tiablo A1 and Liteflux LF2 would be perfect additions to your collection of high-end, very bright, AAA lights.

If brightness is not of max importance, take a look at the Streamlight AAA light (forgot the name), but it has a forward clicky and reviews seem to show it's built very well.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I believe 4sevens said the Rebel Fenixes will be coming in next year sometime as Fenix has to replenish their Rebel supply, so the L0D Rebel should be available early next year. I think the Tiablo A1 and Liteflux LF2 would be perfect additions to your collection of high-end, very bright, AAA lights.

If brightness is not of max importance, take a look at the Streamlight AAA light (forgot the name), but it has a forward clicky and reviews seem to show it's built very well.

Streamlight MicroStream. It's seems to be a good light for the price. See my review in the Reviews section.

naturelle

Newly Enlightened
Liteflux LF2.
Why? Simply because you can´t loose the head when shutting it OFF. And: very simple to use with two stages when you do not want to reprogram it. The factory-default setting (15% and 50%) is really near to perfection.
And: once you got it it is very simple to program.

I thought a long time about buying it, but now I think it was my best buy in 2007 (together with the VB-16).

Last edited:

kfallscody

Newly Enlightened
I again vote for the Liteflux LF2 SSC. I LOVE this light and carry it with me always. I'm not sure how the switch works but you tighten the tube completely to turn the light off. The diffuser attachment is GREAT. My dad made a little piece on this lathe that screws into the diffuser so I can use it to hold a spare AAA cell in my pocket. That way I always have a spare battery and the diffuser with me!

The only complaint I have is changing modes. It is a bit... clunky, unless you use the push technique. Otherwise, perfect light in my book. It amazed family and friends at this years christmas festivities!

sabre7

Enlightened
For brightness/throw pretty sure the L0D Cree Q4 blows all of them away (all other L0Ds included) with 75 lumens, looks like more than that with E2 lithiums.