I want a forward clicky 1xrcr123 Blaster!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Type 3 hard anno, single mode on and off, glass lens, op reflector, Q5 cree, forward clicky, works properly on 1 Rcr123, and delivers as much lumens as possible on the rechargable for 1 hour or so, hoping for 200Lu. What light fits the bill? I think this sounds like a custom job since I can't think of anything. Probably a milky order........ Which host then? I love the looks of the SF M1 Illuminator, but is it short enough? Someone fit a 17500 in one once, that would be good runtime. My EDC for jeans.
$250.00 budget tops!

Last edited:

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky can swap out the TIR optic in a SureFire E1L for a reflector with your choice of emitter, driver, output, and runtime.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd think about modding an E1L as well. The stock optic for the Cree KX1 rocks. Put in a nicer driver and you're going to get a good amount of light.

LED_Thrift

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't fit all your criteria exactly, but you may find a Peak that you like. It uses a Seoul instead of a Cree, if that's OK. In the past, Peak always picked very nice emitters [I don't know if they were hand picked or not], so even though it was a Lux III or a Lux I, it was always a NICE Lux III, or Lux I. I imagine they do the same with their Seouls. The other thing that doesn't exactly match your criteria is the forward clicky. You can get an optional [only $10 IIRC] stainless steel momemtary switch, but for constant on you will need to twist. All the Peaks I've seen have had nice threads and can be twisted one-handed.

The GOOD news is that you can choose among a few models, and that any of them can be had in a range of brightness levels. It sounds like you are looking for max brightness, so they can do that. The other great thing about them is the outstanding build quality and durability, all backed by a great guarantee.

Call them, the website isn't so good.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Yes, I like peak. That's a 123 Carribean I have in my sig line. Not a Cree not a op reflector not a clicky and not a glass lens. Nice yes, but not quite there.

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regardless of what emitter or setup you go with, you won't get 200 lumens for 1hr from a R123A. If you're not stuck to Cree, the koala/ycla E-MT module with a Rebel 100 sounds great for you. An E-series head with accompanying body (E1e, EXe head + VG FB1, etc.), very short, well made, good output, single mode, momentary switch, clip (pocket down if you get a VG FB1), and for way less than a custom setup.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hell I'll do a E1e mod with a Q5 and a TNC 27mm E series comp. head. Planning on making myself one too. You would get pretty close to your target, but probably end up with 140 lumens OTF tops.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm I just remembered...
The Lumapower D-Mini SP will fit your needs. It now comes with forward clickie :twothumbs ; you can get an OP reflector; uses 1 CR123 or RCR123; claims 175 Lumens.

Only two things to note, first they're out of stock but expected in tomorrow according to BatteryJunction. Second it is multimode: uses Lumapower's new Epsilon driver which is high frequency PWM for brightness adjustments and full regulation.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Hell I'll do a E1e mod with a Q5 and a TNC 27mm E series comp. head. Planning on making myself one too. You would get pretty close to your target, but probably end up with 140 lumens OTF tops.
I like the Sf HA, the small size, 140 OTF is ok....... I don't know much about TNC products but is a 27MM head pocketable? Can I get more info about this mod?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
E1L or M1............. E1L cheaper mod and throws with stock optic, M1 mod cooler host thats more unique. Just buying an Aleph is easy but how bright are they, what bin is in there, how about runtime? :thinking: I don't know enough about Aleph lights to spend $230 on one. E1L from opticshq and milky job would likley be cheaper.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Which engine does it sound like I need? I can't find any info or explanations about the products. I don't know what to look for to order.

AaronM

Enlightened
Check this out:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9070
The Romisen RC-N3 only meets a small fraction of your criteria BUT, it's sooo cheap!
Say about $20-25 delivered...I'd hafta get three just to make it worth the trouble of ordering.:crazy:

It's just a thought...if I lost a $200 pocket light, I'd be bawling like a drama queen for an hour.:candle:

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
Regardless of what emitter or setup you go with, you won't get 200 lumens for 1hr from a R123A. If you're not stuck to Cree, the koala/ycla E-MT module with a Rebel 100 sounds great for you. An E-series head with accompanying body (E1e, EXe head + VG FB1, etc.), very short, well made, good output, single mode, momentary switch, clip (pocket down if you get a VG FB1), and for way less than a custom setup.
I like these, but the only output measurements I can find in the thread was "over 60 lms", and "around 80lums".
Sgt., you could get a Novatac 80 and keep the UI simple?