Novatac 120T Problems!

Gristle

Newly Enlightened
I'm a light newbie and I can't tell you how disapointed I am with this light. I just got it a couple of days ago (serial # 10062) and sadly I think it will be returned this week.

The problem is that it turns on and off at random. I also found that if I squeeze the body at the flat sides, I can get it to cycle through every mode, including strobe. I'm not 100% sure, but it even seems that body heat will trigger it as well. Sometimes it will engage for a few seconds other times its for much longer.

I've changed batteries and performed the battery-detect-reset. What's happening now is not listed in the manual.

Has anyone else had this problem? Are most $150 lights this touchy? I really like this light (when it works). However, I can't hope that it will work when I need it to, nor do I want it to throw a beam when I least need it to. Maybe I need to stick with Surefire. This sucks.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've got a definite lemon. Contact Novatac ASAP and they'll sort it out. This does suck, but it is not exemplary of $150 lights.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry that you had to get a lemmon near the holidays.:( My 120T (10608) went crazy for the first month or so, yet it managed to "fix itself out?" on its own:shrug: I hope that you will have faith and get a replacement NovaTac, they are truly great EDC torches IMO. Or look into the upcoming HDS Twisty.

Best of luck to you sir! :wave:

Happy Holidays

Mayo

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most likley either the front or rear retaining nut has come loose.
You should check the tightness if loose tigiten them up carefully.
If this doesn't solve the issue send back to NovaTac they will replace the unit or fix this one so you will not have any problems.

Things sometimes do happen. This issue has come up once in a while with the 120P has been solved by novatac.
The bottom line is that you should be happy with your expensive light and Novatac will do what they can to make it so. They are good people.
Yaesumofo

I'm a light newbie and I can't tell you how disapointed I am with this light. I just got it a couple of days ago (serial # 10062) and sadly I think it will be returned this week.

The problem is that it turns on and off at random. I also found that if I squeeze the body at the flat sides, I can get it to cycle through every mode, including strobe. I'm not 100% sure, but it even seems that body heat will trigger it as well. Sometimes it will engage for a few seconds other times its for much longer.

I've changed batteries and performed the battery-detect-reset. What's happening now is not listed in the manual.

Has anyone else had this problem? Are most $150 lights this touchy? I really like this light (when it works). However, I can't hope that it will work when I need it to, nor do I want it to throw a beam when I least need it to. Maybe I need to stick with Surefire. This sucks.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most likley either the front or rear retaining nut has come loose.
You should check the tightness if loose tigiten them up carefully.
If this doesn't solve the issue send back to NovaTac they will replace the unit or fix this one so you will not have any problems.

Things sometimes do happen. This issue has come up once in a while with the 120P has been solved by novatac.
The bottom line is that you should be happy with your expensive light and Novatac will do what they can to make it so. They are good people.
Yaesumofo

+1

Contact Jim he's the nice guy.