Ok, Im looking to step up need advice

I currently have a 2aa maglite modded with a terralux royal blue luexon. I was wondering... what is the latest greatest LED flashlight currently on the market and where can I find one?? is it the Surefire? any info is appreaciated.. price, runtime, LED life, Battery life etc..

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Not to sound strange, but what are you going to be using it for?

I tend to stray towards tactical use flashlights with momentary on features. Others have no problems with reverse click tail switches or twist on/twist off switches.

Surefires give you good features and killer durability. But they are pricey.

And - how much are you willing to spend?

-Steve

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
I currently have a 2aa maglite modded with a terralux royal blue luexon. I was wondering... what is the latest greatest LED flashlight currently on the market and where can I find one?? is it the Surefire? any info is appreaciated.. price, runtime, LED life, Battery life etc..

I recommend the Fenix L2DQ5:
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_65&products_id=362

Cody,

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
Jesus Christ

Last edited:

Zenster

Enlightened
I recommend the Fenix L2DQ5:
https://www.fenix-store.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_65&products_id=362

The thing looks just like a rifle scope. I wouldn't want all the hassle trying to get it through the airport or any other security checkpoint unless you enjoy being strip searched every where you go...dogs, rubber gloves, KY jelly...

Oh, c'mon, that's just silly. The L2DQ5 is EXACTLY the same size as a MagAA other than the L2D doesn't have the fat head.
And if security gets even the least bit curious about it, you just tell them to pick it up and turn it on; at which time they will invariably look right into the lens and do so... that'll teach 'em. :D

I've taken my L2D through airport security 4 times (2 trips; coming and going) in the last couple of months, and they're more interested in my MP3 player and it's accompanying wall charger while they just push my L2D aside, pondering whether I have more than an ounce of toothpaste in my carry-on.

sabre7

Enlightened
International flights are a whole different story. Because of its size & shape it could also be called a Kubotan type weapon and be confiscated entirely. I guess I could try to carry a few baggies of oregano through a checkpoint too. Its only oregano, right?

Last edited:

sabre7

Enlightened
Some checkpoint goons are just looking for an excuse.

Last edited:

sabre7

Enlightened
L2D nice light anyway though. Sorry about so many posts. I'll figure out all the little push buttons on this computer thingy one day- especially the strange remote control with 2 buttons and a wheel on it LOL.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You'll have to define best.

There are many great LED lights. Some will throw over 150 meters and others have over 500 lumens while some have long runtimes.

The L2D-CE Q5 is a good light. 150 lumen out the front on turbo but runs for days on low mode. 8% off coupon at Fenix Store is "CPF8".

You'll have to define best.

There are many great LED lights. Some will throw over 150 meters and others have over 500 lumens while some have long runtimes.

The L2D-CE Q5 is a good light. 150 lumen out the front on turbo but runs for days on low mode. 8% off coupon at Fenix Store is "CPF8".

are these a very high quality light, comparable to surefire? also, are these made in the USA?? I might buy one..

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The are made in China but are regarded by many as the best balance between quality, performance and price. Quality is good. Not Surefire but will take a bit of abuse. Output is comparable(Not their numbers, actual output) and so is runtime(Some is actually better, they have one of the most efficient circuits according to the tests) but it does not feel as hefty as a Surefire according the what I've read.

Fenix P3D-Rebel 100 abuse, their other lights should be able to take similar abuse.

awberke

Newly Enlightened
L2D nice light anyway though. Sorry about so many posts. I'll figure out all the little push buttons on this computer thingy one day- especially the strange remote control with 2 buttons and a wheel on it LOL.

are you stoned?? i've never seen so many ridiculously useless posts before