Snow White LED

Xe54

Enlightened
Hi:

Who makes these (die/packaging)? I ordered some a year or two ago, and have them in my LED drawer. I think I got them from CPF, or ordered from Peak LED solutions. Are there newer/better ones? Are there technical datasheets?

I think Peter Granshee would only increase his sales to offer these as a continuously available option at www.arcflashlight.com.

Good day!

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are made by a company called ETG inc. The dies are probably puchased from some other source and ETG packages them.

peter

Xe54

Enlightened
They are made by a company called ETG inc. The dies are probably puchased from some other source and ETG packages them.

peter

Ah, I'll bookmark that company. Is the snow their standard ETG-5CEWHT-15 or is it some custom job?

Thanks for the input.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
The part number I have is ETG-5CFWHT-15. I don't think it is on their website.

15 degree beam angle, white, 5mm.

I offer the Arc-AAA with this LED on our accessories page. I need to rename that page, "misc".

peter

jeffb

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received an Arc AAA with a "snow" LED and it is a great tint and IMO a good improvement!

238053759-M.jpg

238053736-M.jpg

Thanks Peter,

jeffb

Bimmerboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just spoke with ETG about these. ETG-5CFWHT-15 (which is NOT listed on the site) is in stock. These are the snows with a 15 degree angle. They're $1 each (I forgot to ask about shipping!), and there's a $50 minimum order.

Personally, I'm looking for the 30 degree, which they also have in stock at the same price. I only need 25 of them, but it's possible I might just spring for the minimum order, and sell the rest.

However, it's worth a shot here to reiterate Xe54's question. Is there's any possibility that Arc might be willing to carry these (both 15 and 30 degree angle)?

Blue72

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc did a nice job of implimenting the Snow LED, however I found that I missed the wider side-spill of the CS/DS version, so I've stopped using my Snow Arcs.

that is the number one reason I did not buy one. If it had a wider beam I buy one.

thermal guy

Flashaholic
I just got my first arc a AAA snow. Man its nice i knew it was a small light but wasn't expecting it to be this small.The tint is great and the output is more than enough to get around in the dark.Very nice indeed:twothumbs

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would definitely go for a 30-degree snow as well. I'd love one.

I walk with an old 2xAAAA Streamlight Stylus into which I stuffed what I guess was either an early MJLED or its 'wah-wang' lookalike -- a perfect moonlight-replacement light, no bright spot at all, covers the whole sidewalk and out four or five feet ahead.

I'd much rather have an Arc AAA with that sort of wide floodlight, relatively low brightness, and the semi-regulation instead of the long slow slump to dimness.
And without the hassle of AAAA batteries.

peskyphotons

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Snow AAA and I really like it. The color is much much better compared to my old Arc AAA, and the beam is very usable.

Thanks,
Alex

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had my snow Arc for a few months. It sits on the night table and has gotten maybe 1 - 1.5 hours of use. While it originally seemed snow white, it now seems to have picked up a blue tint.

Can this be? Could the shift have occured so suddenly or am I imagining it as I compare it to some new crees that sit next to it on the table?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
probably the crees, the some of these crees are so creamy that everything else look blue.

Crenshaw