TLE-300

rhein-pfalz

Newly Enlightened
Hi All,
Hope you all had a fine holiday.
I ordered and received my TLE-300 drop-in. I'm having mixed feelings about this product. As I gingerly lifted the unit out of it's box I heard a crunching noise. It seems that two of the three optics separated from the PCB. Not a good start after shelling out nearly 100bucks. A bit of CA glue and I'm back in business. A scan of the installation instructions yielded almost un-readable text and diagram. No matter, seems pretty straightforward. Gut the head of my 4-cell M@G and proceed to install light engine. After a bit of carefull twisting, it's in! I give the light a good shake and hear the front glass rattling. The TLE-300 is a bit short and does not snug up to the glass. Probably a good thing as the optics proved to be rather fragile in their mounting. I'll figure a way to secure the glass later. I hit the power switch and was rewarded by a seriously bright but rather strangely shaped beam. Kind of like a cubist painting. A bit saddened I put the light aside and waited for darkness. Later, I shine the light around the house to get a feel for it. It's really bright but I'm still not comfortable with the shape of the beam. Go upstairs, open a window and shine it into the backyard. I'm very pleased with the amount of light and the illuminated area from 30 feet is wide enough to light a ragged circle of about 7 feet.
Bottom line; It's way brighter than I had hoped(good thing) ,but, I'm concerned that it won't take rough handling. One drop and I fear that the optics will again part company with the PCB. They just are not securely mounted. I want to keep this modification but I need to secure those optics. Has anyone else had this experiance?

john2551

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Elektrolumes MT-3 is the same type drop-in but built a lot stronger, better heatsinking & the lens doesn't rattle around. YMMV.

stansbrew

Newly Enlightened
I got my TLE-300 last week and it is one bright son of a gun, no problems with any of it, and till I figured out the instructions I thought they were kind of lame but they were hard to read.
The brightness is outstanding!!
I am running it in a 2D cell mag with 2 18650 3.7v cells! It rocks!
All you have to do with that mod is take out the spring in the tail cap and flip it around (backwards) and it gives you just the right amount of space and lots of juice!

I do kind of worry about the build quality for a Cnote it could be a little tougher.
All in all I think for the money you get some serious sunshine out the front!

Latest posts