Black Helicopters

Greta

Flashaholic
I guess the only thing that surprises me about this is that it's a surprise to anyone. We've known about this for years. MANY years... where do these people think the term "Black Helicopters" came from? Yeah... they're real... and?

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, yes, well, what surprised me the most was how they were openly documenting it now.

Honestly I have no problem with giving them the power to suveil whomever they need to. What I don't want to see removed is the accountability. If you want to listen in on somebody then you need to go before a judge and resent your case. And you need to be accountable for what you do with that power. But by all means, when warranted (wow, thats a clever pun isn't it!) let the police do their job!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
the problem is, they're probably following people other than the ones that match the description of the hijackers. ya know, so we're not "profiling" of being "racist" or insensitive blah blah blah blah

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
I guess the only thing that surprises me about this is that it's a surprise to anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]
Heck, I've read several times on this very board about how the "black helicopters" deal was bunk. The idea didn't support the ideal of our government being up-front with the population.

Greta

Flashaholic
The best place to hide a lie is in the truth... and vice-versa... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Greta

Flashaholic
I just remembered something that always used to make me chuckle. Way back when I was in the Army (21 years ago! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif ), I couldn't tell people what I did... security and all that. So when they'd ask me what I did, I'd say that I was a spy. They'd laugh and shut up... thinking I was joking but not sure and not wanting to look stupid. The subject would be dropped and that would be that. What made me laugh is that... it was the truth... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
The best place to hide a lie is in the truth... and vice-versa... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going to be worrying about this for DAYS.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Sasha said:
it was the truth... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm going to be worrying about THAT for days.

if the government ever comes for me I'm going to use you as a character witness Sasha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif