Inova X5

jufam44

Enlightened
Hello All

Is there any way to mod an Inova X5 into taking 5 cree LED's? or anything brighter than the mediocre Nichia 5mm LED's that come with it?

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas to all.

-Max

kongfuchicken

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's an old trick but the only way to open up an x5t without extensive tools or damaging the exterior of the body was to empty your light, fill it with water, freeze it then thaw it and repeat.

It might take a few cycles to fully push out the head but it works and it won't leave tool marks =)

I have a few hundreds of DS W rank on the way and I'll have to redo all my x5s...

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello All

Is there any way to mod an Inova X5 into taking 5 cree LED's? or anything brighter than the mediocre Nichia 5mm LED's that come with it?

Thanks in advance, and Merry Christmas to all.

-Max

As KFC mentioned, your best bet would be to use the new Nichia DS LED's. You will not get 5 CREE's into the X5. Even if you did, the current to the 5mm LED's would not be sufficient to power them with any level of brightness.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is a way to do it but the modder doesn't frequent CPF anymore. I think the guy was out of New York/ Jersey area as I know Milkyspit remembers him. I have an X5 that he modded with a Lux 1 and an optic. It looks absolutely factory as well. Then he added a GG&G strike bezel to it as well, it's a cool looking light and pretty bright too. I looked down inside it and it has a Downboy driver in it and the batteries go in it positive end first. I can send you pics if you wish.