I got my Tiablo A9....

cruzmisl

Newly Enlightened
What a great light. Well constructed and great throw. It's easily as bright, if not brighter than my Streamlight Ultra Stinger. It's also half the size/weight. I'll try and get some pics comparing the output of the two. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Only drawback is I ordered a modified Gladius (Seoul LED) but I don't have it yet. I think I may be spoiled by the brightness of the A9 but the Gladius will have more features and is likely better built. Decisions, decisions......

According to the specs the difference is 90 lumens assuming both companies measure the same way. I wonder if that will be really noticeable? Everyone that has the Gladius loves it......

Joe

Last edited:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am glad you like your Tiablo, they are great lights. I liked my ultra stinger a lot as well, but the Tiablo is smaller and brighter.

I think you will still really like your Gladius. Indoors I like my Fenix T1 much more than my MRV. It is outdoors that the MRV/Tiablo really shine.

Zenster

Enlightened
What a great light. Well constructed and great throw. It's easily as bright, if not brighter than my Streamlight Ultra Stinger. It's also half the size/weight. I'll try and get some pics comparing the output of the two. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Only drawback is I ordered a modified Gladius (Seoul LED) but I don't have it yet. I think I may be spoiled by the brightness of the A9 but the Gladius will have more features and is likely better built. Decisions, decisions......

I'd be surprised if you find any light "better" built than the Tiablo. It still compares better than others I have accumulated since I bought the A9s.

According to the specs the difference is 90 lumens assuming both companies measure the same way. I wonder if that will be really noticeable? Everyone that has the Gladius loves it......

You might be surprised that the difference may not be as obvious as you think. Lumens isn't everything, and the design of the reflector makes a big difference.
For that reason, I find that I like my A9s with SM to be a better "thrower" than my DBS with SM because the A9s has a larger center beam that is more "useable" than the smaller center beam of the DBS. I put an OP reflector in my DBS and that's how I like it best, while keeping my A9s/SM as my best "thrower".

Joe

I really like my A9s, not just for it's performance and build quality, but because it's noticeably lighter and smaller than other lights in the same class. The others are mostly "holster" lights, but I often jamb my A9s in my front pocket on the way out the door at night when I have use for a stronger "thrower" (my L2D-CE/Q5 is mostly my EDC light).