Looking for a light with specific requirements. Any advice?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why not use something that uses 2xAA's, like the L2D CE? Runs great on super common and safe NiMh.

It's easy to carry spares.

RecycledElectron

Newly Enlightened
The Olight should work fine, I love mine. It will also work for about 1 and 3/4 hours fine on level 2 (120 lumen) on a single AW unprotected 17670. Strobes and SOS's OK, won't change levels on the 17670 for some reason. Sometimes the light will start on high, run for 12 minutes or so, then will drop down OK to level 2 (have to change the level manually). I prefer to use lights on a single lithium cell if I can, and it might be an especially good idea bouncing around on a bike. The 17670 fits tight, won't be bouncing around. Batteryspace also has a bike light holder.

Alternatively a single level light, Romisen RC-F4 (gray) runs well on a unprotected 17670, AW's protected 17670 will fit if you work the battery tube over with a round file taking out some of the anti rattle CR123 constriction. Puts out over 120 lumen per Bessiebenny's review, will do so for over 1.5 hours. If you used 2 of them, you can back off the reflector of one, maybe put a extra plastic washer under it, will give you both a flood and a spot. Best thing is that they're less than 15 bucks each delivered from DX.