Problems with Malkoff M60 drop in

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I am having some difficulty in replacing the P60 lamp in my Surefire M952XM07 Millennium Universal Weapon Light System. It appears that the spring on the M60 drop in is not long enough to contact the top of the battery. It also looks as though the drop-in is just a tad too big, in diameter, to fully fit into the flashlight body. Am I doing something wrong and has anyone had any experience with this lighting system and this drop-in!?!

Last edited:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will probably need to open up (Bore out) the LU60 addaptor to make the drop-in fit. I have a Litemania drop-in that had the same problem. I bought one of those flap wheel sanding bits and used a drill to bore it out. It may take a while but it gets the job done.
The LU60 is the neck between the head and body where the drop-in fits....or is supposed to.
I hope this helps, it worked for me!

Good luck!

Policetacteam

Enlightened
DaFABRICATA,

Dude...I would think it would just be easier for you to list the Surefire lights that you do not own because I think you have about 98% of whats available on their website at the bottom of your post. That is impressive!!! Thanks for the help! I'm not sure if there are any other options available. I guess I will see what Gene Malkoff has in mind!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
:laughing::crackup:Yeah.....what can I say? I REALLY like Surefires:grin2:
If the diameter of the drop-in is larger than the LU60 opening then that is probably the route you will have to take. I hope you can get it to work, that is the same drop-in I want for my weaponlight.:twothumbs I've got a M971XM07 for sale in the B/S/T section if your interested:poke: :naughty:
Let me know how it goes, I think that will be a great set-up!:cool:
:wave:

Ironhog81

Newly Enlightened
I just put one in my 951.
I did drop in the additional ring they had.
At first it didn't work, but I stretched the spring and it now works great.

nzgunnie

Enlightened
The weapon light modules seem to be slighter smaller internal head diameter than the handheld variety.

I had a similar porblem with my L60 classic weapon light module.

Gene43

Enlightened
I know it works in the LU60A as I have one. However as suggested it may be neccessary to stretch the tail spring on the dropin. Let me know if this helps.

Gene