Chimney fire, 5 people from my neighbors house spend the night.

fire-stick

Enlightened
Late last night about 1:30am I heard the fire whistle at the fire department come on. Our family has lived right beside the fire department my entire life, so I'm pretty use to hearing it come on in the wee hours of the night. I heard the fire truck blare past our house and not 10 seconds later, I heard the megaphone on the fire truck come on and say, "Unit 20 on scene." I got my scanner and stepped out to the porch and I could hear the fireman speaking over the megaphone louder than the scanner I was holding in my hand. I knew they had to be close. As I stepped into the front yard I soon realized that my neighbors house was on fire. It was only a chimney fire, but, the chimney was torn down in the process of putting out the fire. The only source of heat that family had was now out of service. I quickly grabbed two electric heaters and brought them over and told them that if any of them wanted to come over, they were more than welcome to do so. The grandparents, who owned the house, wanted to stay, but the daughter and her 4 children came over and spent the night with us. Nobody was hurt, I got to help a family in need, and we had a little fun in the process. All said and done the only thing that was hurt was the poor chimney which sadly will have to be replaced.