Who does type 3 hardcoat refinishing?

dhwfd46

Newly Enlightened
I'm just wondering where I can get some lights refinished. My e2e, and M6 are looking pretty rough.

Thanks,
Dave

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
It's actually not hard at all - if you live in or near a larger city, finding an anodizing shop is really easy. I'm in Chicago, and contacted 5 shops in one day, and found two right away that would do a small batch for me.

They may have a minimum $$, (the one here was $100). The real variable come in finish quality and consistency, and something to keep in mind is threading - usually masking the threading is the best idea, unless you have lights you can test with them first.

Good luck, and keep us updated!

john

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast
might be cheaper just to replace the lights. I know the E2e isnt worth a lot. the M6 is a little more spendy thought so it may even out.

Shane

DM51

Flashaholic
If you find somewhere to do this, take a careful look at examples of their work before you commit. If you like what you see, give them the E2E first, and see how that turns out before you give them your M6.

Someone I know (not me) had his SF C2 done. It looked good and workmanlike before, a bit beat up, but nothing wrong with that – it showed it wasn't a shelf queen.

After he had it done, it looked terrible. The best way to describe it is that it looked like a car that had had a really bad and cheap paint job. He wished he had left it alone.

TaschenlampeMann

Newly Enlightened
dhwfd46, If you can live with DuraCoat, I can recommend dawsoncustoms.com. I had my beat up FF3 DuraCoated in gloss black and it looks great. The finish seems very durable so far. It is standing up to being carried in my pocket with my change and knife.

MVC-274Xasm.jpg

dhwfd46

Newly Enlightened
I didn't think of that. Duracoat can be done at home, but you have to blast it with 120 grit aluminum oxide first. That may be a little harsh on fine knurling.