I'm looking for the smallest/brightest light for $50.00 or LESS.

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys help me get a light for my wife. Three priorities, in order of importance. 1. Small (needs to take up minimal space in purse) 2. BRIGHT!!!!! 3. $50.00 or less(I myself wouldn't hesitate to spend more, but she would S%^&) If you want to throw in some of the pricier options I won't complain lol :devil:

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Hehe...small is relative.

My personal favorite that's under 50 bucks - the Pelican M1 2310 LED. Uses 1 CR123A. Forward Clicky with momentary on.

Batterystation has them for $36.

CDNN has the prior gen M1 2310 for $19.99

There's others. For tasks - the CMG/Gerber Infinity.

My wife loves her Inova X1 for a generic task light and can double as a short range tac light.

So - there's a bunch of options. If you want to spend a bit more - go for a SureFire E1E or E1L.

-Steve

Snow

Enlightened
I would vote for the KaiDomain AAA SSC light. It's supposed to be VERY bright and runs on a single AAA. IIRC, it runs around $20.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Are you up to some modding?

If yes, the RC-G2(Forward clicke) with this circuit(remove modes by soldering the negative to the outer ring) and a more efficient LED would result in a pretty bright AA light.

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
Lighthound has the 90 lumen Fenix P1 CE for $31.47, plus shipping. It's a twisty and single mode.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
You will love the buckle light but please remember that it does eat the batteries for lunch. If you end up playing with it, expect to swap the NiMh every single day.

As far as output/volume is concerned, I don't think there is any other light which can beat the buckle light but beware of the runtime.

- Vikas

You can get 3 of those lights for $50 and still have a fiver left in your wallet.

LG&M

Enlightened
I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Fenix LOD-CE. I have the P4 version I think it's great light for it's size now they have it in Q4.

gtsx

Newly Enlightened
AAA Fenix light, the L0D Q4
Cree 7090 XR-E LED
• Five output modes: 30 Lumens(3.5hrs) -> 11 Lumens(8.5hrs) -> 75 Lumens(1hrs) ->Strobe -> SOS
Four days of survival use (two continuous hours per day on the lowest setting)
• Uses one 1.5V AAA battery (not included), inexpensive and widely available
• 7.35cm (L) x 1.4cm (D) (or 2.9 in (L) x 0.6 in (D))
• 14.5-gram (or 0.5 oz) weight (excluding batteries)
• Made of aircraft-grade aluminum
• Durable Type III hard anodized finish
• Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with AR coating
• Waterproof to IPX-8 Standards
• Capable of standing up securely on a flat surface to serve as a candle
• Input voltage: 0.8V~3.3V
• Reliable twist-switch

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife really likes the Tiablo A1 I gave her.It is small,uses one AAA and very bright.One thing to note however,the two examples I have are completely different tints.Both lights are bright but one is cool white while the other is very warm almost like an incan.I do not find this to be a problem but some may not like the warmer tint.
BTW the one I gave to my wife is the cool one it appears to be the brightest of the two.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I gave my wife a KaiDomain Buckle AAA light for her purse. Simple twisty on/off, nothing complicated. The tailcap turned too easily, so I swapped an o-ring from my LOD-CE spares bag... now it's perfect. I didn't want the tailcap working its way off due to bouncing around in the purse.

The Tiablo would be another good choice.

Personally, I wouldn't want my wife to keep a Li-Ion powered light in her purse. But some of you may actually prefer that for your wife. :poof: :lolsign:

paulr

Flashaholic
The Fenix P1DCE's top mode is a bit brighter than the P1CE but I prefer the P1CE's simpler operation (just one mode). The P2 series and all the AA powered models are larger than the P1's. The L0DCE is a nice light but far less bright than the P1CE. I have what amounts to the L0DCE in my pocket and have a P1CE in my backpack for when I want something more powerful.

I would suggest the P1CE based on your original request despite it not being the absolute brightest. Wanting to get out every last lumen is mostly a male thing, as is acceptance of annoying computerized user interfaces. Unless your wife likes techno gadgets I think she'll be happier with the P1CE than the digital version. This also affects the L0DCE as well.

I haven't tried the Kai buckle light but it just looks cheap and unless you're under budgetary pressure I'd go for something nicer.

SAVAGESAM

Newly Enlightened
Wow!!! Thanks guys. I have a LOT of options lol. Just for blanks and giggles. What if I said same prorities, with a $100.00 cap? I'm thinking along the lines of the above post. Small is probably WAY more important to her than MAX. brightness. But to me I want her to have the ability to temporarily blind/impair the night adapted vision. But I also know she likes the nicer/well made things in life.

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
Wow!!! Thanks guys. I have a LOT of options lol. Just for blanks and giggles. What if I said same prorities, with a $100.00 cap? I'm thinking along the lines of the above post. Small is probably WAY more important to her than MAX. brightness. But to me I want her to have the ability to temporarily blind/impair the night adapted vision. But I also know she likes the nicer/well made things in life.

Fenix P2D Q5.

WIN!!! Nothing else need apply.

i stand by this