Fenix L2D CE CREE

Garand

Newly Enlightened
Fenix L2D CE CREE

After reading about this light I think it would be the ultimate light for me.

I like the idea of AA batteries. I have boxes of these plus 8 rechargeables.

Does anyone know where I can buy one where they will ship COD?

Minjin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes.

Search around this forum and the Review forum. This light and its variants have been talked about extensively.

lumenal

Enlightened
Its hard to beat this light in the 2 AA form factor, and its really made for NiMH.

I've used Sony 2700s in mine from day one...

Zenster

Enlightened
So is this light as good as I hear?

Absolutely. When you start comparing it against other lights, including some of the so called "throwers", you will be amazed at how well it does against them especially considering it's size and use of AA batteries.

I've bought my second, and will probably buy another just because there's nothing that comes close in a 2xAA configuration for brightness and it's utility for 50+ hours when run in it's "low" setting.

Tubor

Enlightened
It's a good light. Practical and useful, long running time. Some slight niggles with the UI but nothing major.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Depends on what you mean by good but there is a reason why the L2D-CE is highly praised here.

Fenix Store ships international. Shipping is included in the price so what you see is what you pay, unless you use the 8% off coupon then the actual price you pay is a bit cheaper. The coupon is "CPF8".

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's my favorite AA lite. In fact, it's my fav. lite period. Since I got it, I haven't even used the big D magLED lites.

Mine is an older Q4... 135 lumens.

having said that...

The interface is a bit ... hard to get used to, but makes sense after a while. Too many modes IMO, delete the "high" mode.

If you got to get to "High" mode, have to click it 3 times . If turned off, repeat it. Not a very good User Interface, and not all that practical.

I always run mine on Turbo and very rarely on "Low".

Not because I want Turbo, but because it's 1 (One) click to get to it. I don't want to click it twice or 3 times, so I often burn the cells more than I have to.

SOS and strobe are equally questionable, in real life you won't need them.

IMO it needs just 3 modes, low, med and Turbo.

IMO mode selection should be controlled by turning the head, and leaving it in a setting. and the on/off button should only turn on/off, forward 'tactical' clickie maybe.

This way if you like say "Medium", you can alwasy keep it in medium, or in Turbo.
I find that I switch modes very rarely, but you turn it on all the time.

Finally, the silly thing is very slipper - cannot believe they designed it like that.

LightWalker

Flashlight Enthusiast
The interface is a bit ... hard to get used to, but makes sense after a while. Too many modes IMO, delete the "high" mode.

If you got to get to "High" mode, have to click it 3 times . If turned off, repeat it. Not a very good User Interface, and not all that practical.

I always run mine on Turbo and very rarely on "Low".

Not because I want Turbo, but because it's 1 (One) click to get to it. I don't want to click it twice or 3 times, so I often burn the cells more than I have to.

SOS and strobe are equally questionable, in real life you won't need them.

IMO it needs just 3 modes, low, med and Turbo.

IMO mode selection should be controlled by turning the head, and leaving it in a setting. and the on/off button should only turn on/off, forward 'tactical' clickie maybe.

This way if you like say "Medium", you can alwasy keep it in medium, or in Turbo.
I find that I switch modes very rarely, but you turn it on all the time.

Finally, the silly thing is very slipper - cannot believe they designed it like that.

3 modes would be nice. I wish I had a medium mode on my Fenix L2TV2 and it would be perfect. I do like the forward clickie though. :thumbsup:

Cody,

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path. Psalms 119:105

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
The L2d was my first fenix i got. Its the best 2aa light you can get IMO super bright or low with lots of run time put some energizer 91 in it and your all set.

Bort

Newly Enlightened
You can't go wrong with the L2d. It is a well made light, and very bright for 2AA cells.