MTE C2 Multimode SSC interiors

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, a friend killed his flashlight and after getting another I took it apart so see what went wrong and if it was salvageable.

here is the deal...

igp1999nf7.jpg

The Leads are soldered on the upper board, pass through holes in the pill. The Led is thermal epoxied on the pill and the plastic reflector is epoxied directly on the pill. :scowl::scowl:

One fine point though…The slots that you place a spanner on is partly covered by the board. this I did not see, and when I peeled the board off the wires were pulled-off.

The light is glued but with 10 mins of boiling in a sealed bag some leather straps and 2 locking pliers it came easily apart.

Well I was not that tidy…before boiling I had used the pliers and some electricians tape...Scuff marks are partly concealed…:whistle:

It is inknown to me where the negative contact is. The board was not soldered on the housing/pill. But there is a part on the component side of the board that expends past the rim possible catching the heatsink socket:crazy:

enjoy, Kostas

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is inknown to me where the negative contact is. The board was not soldered on the housing/pill. But there is a part on the component side of the board that expends past the rim possible catching the heatsink socket:crazy:
enjoy, Kostas

Hmmmmm, very familiar, where did I see this before... :crackup::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh::sssh: :whistle:

The tracks around the circumference of the top and bottom layer circuit board are the negative contact. They are double sided.
6k0efl5.jpg

Last edited:

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
man thnaks for the pic...Now I know which is teh + & - lead without test soldering..

happy holidays!