UK Vizion 3AAA

sotyakr

Enlightened
Had been looking for an inexpensive, waterproof headlight with red light capability for kayaking, hiking, travel, etc. and found one on sale while prowling the aisles at REI, today. It's the Underwater Kinetic Vizion 3AAA http://www.uwkinetics.com/products/detail.php?ProductID=109&cat=7 which normally retails for $30 and is currently on sale for $20. It's got a unique barrel shaped housing with a rotating diffuser/red lens. The reflector also rotates in the housing which permits adjusting the beam angle without the need for a hinge.The lamp assembly can also be removed from the headband, making it sort of a mini-lantern. It's got a .5W emitter (with optic), and seems to be plenty bright for closer in work and has high/low output switching. The large, side-mounted power button makes it very easy to operate with gloves on. Haven't tried it in total darkness yet, however there is a noticeable, odd "bar shaped" artifact at the top of the beam, but it's not horrible. Beam color is on the slightly bluish side. I'm sure REI would swap it for another, but I probably won't bother. It's waterproof rated to depth of about 30 feet. Overall, a pretty cool little light for twenty bucks.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quite a nice little light. I own one(just got it as a Christmas present..).
Fantastic balance..don't even know I'm wearing it,it's so lightweight.(I'm wearing it right now,and I couldn't tell you I was wearing a headlight,unless I looked in a mirror!)

Certainly agree with the glove-friendliness of this light.I took it out last night,while walking our yellow Lab,Alfie.Even with bulky winter gloves on,it's easy to turn on and off. (I don't say this about too many lights..but I really love this UK Vizion.)

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Made in the USA too! :thumbsup:

I got a chance to see it at REI the other day, and was pretty impressed. The design is pretty cool! Has anyone attempted to open theirs up and see what can be done about swapping the emitter for a less wimpy one? :naughty:

john

pockyrevolution

Newly Enlightened
Wow!! $20 bucks sure makes this a deal! I bought mine for $30 when it just came out and was impressed. But now for $20 you get a headlamp that essentially doubles as a small underwater light complete with multiple lenses built in (spot, wide and red).

Oh and the Seoul Z-Power P9 might be puny physically, but its really bright! So don't discount it as a cheapo/standard LED you're getting either.

I'm going to grab a different color version for sure. Link for others!

http://www.rei.com/product/765839

PS- I'm attaching a brochure I found

vizionflyer.jpg

sotyakr

Enlightened
The more I use this light, the more I like it. In spite of being a "wimpy" .5W, it serves up practically as much usable light (guess the optic helps out here) as a couple "3W" (a lightly modded Nuwai Q3 and an EL XM-3) lights I've got laying around. Also puts my PT Yukon HL to shame.

It'll be interesting to see what else UK has in store as this is just the first in a new line of headlamps they've got on the way.
http://www.uwkinetics.com/about/news.php?id=109

pockyrevolution

Newly Enlightened
Re: Underwater Kinetics Vizion Headlamp

It's just too bad REI isn't carrying the tan/cameo color one like in the pic above.

Last edited: