How do I remove my L4's Pocket clip?

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Hello,
I just recently have been really adiment about finally obtaining a tritium vial to epoxy onto my L4's pocket clip, and have afew questions.

1. How do I removethe Pocket clip with out damage to the flashlight body, and the clip itself since I want a clip with, and without trit.

2. What is the best epoxy for the small, glass trit vials?

Thanks guys :thumbsup:.

-Evan

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. Remove the head, loop a piece of paracord (or other strong string/line) through the top of the clip and pull hard.

2. I have no idea.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Remove the head. Remove the O ring on the L4 body and pull the clip up. It will easily come off.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Remove the head. Remove the O ring on the L4 body and pull the clip up. It will easily come off.

Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic

Bill

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Got it off using the paracord method, after 5 solid pulls, it came right off. I will not however be using two clips like intended to because getting it back on was a pain in the a$$. Thanks for the help guys! Oh, and what is the best lube for threads?

-Evan

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Got it off using the paracord method, after 5 solid pulls, it came right off. I will not however be using two clips like intended to because getting it back on was a pain in the a$$. Thanks for the help guys! Oh, and what is the best lube for threads?

-Evan

Did you take the O ring off first, or struggle against it removing clip with paracord?

Bill

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad you didn't lose the insert, mine flew off somewhere and I couldn't find it and had to get one from Surefire.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Glad you didn't lose the insert, mine flew off somewhere and I couldn't find it and had to get one from Surefire.

Lost my plastic insert too. Removed clip at kitchen table instead of in my work room. Forgot about it, then of course vacuumed the carpet around table later. DUH!

Bill

tussery

Enlightened
Losing the plastic piece is the main reason I just use a punch to knock the clip out. It is easier and you don't risk losing parts.

Spence

Enlightened
I recenly asked the same question about thread lubricants and several members suggested Silicone lubricant in the tube. Not all hardware stores carry it, so I found it at a pool supply store, $4, compared to arm and a leg for Nyogel. Silicone is suggested for rubber O-rings. Works pretty good.
:poke::wave: