Just got my EL Blaster II -- and have a question

avusblue

Enlightened
My Blaster II arrived today. Very nice light! I do have one question though . . . inside the lens and reflector are a lot of fingerprints / smudges. I couldn't figure out how to open it up and clean in there. After unscrewing and removing the head, I tried to push out the lens & reflector but they didn't budge . . . I was afraid of breaking things and so did not apply extraordinary force. Is the inside of the head permanently sealed or is it openable? What's the best way (if any) to clean up the inside surfaces.

Many thanks for any helpful ideas from ElektroLumens or fellow owners. Best regards,

Dave

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
For cleaning the insides, I just used rubbing alcohol and some cotton swabs. Works fine for me...

ElektroLumens

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
avusblue said:
My Blaster II arrived today. Very nice light! I do have one question though . . . inside the lens and reflector are a lot of fingerprints / smudges. I couldn't figure out how to open it up and clean in there. After unscrewing and removing the head, I tried to push out the lens & reflector but they didn't budge . . . I was afraid of breaking things and so did not apply extraordinary force. Is the inside of the head permanently sealed or is it openable? What's the best way (if any) to clean up the inside surfaces.

Many thanks for any helpful ideas from ElektroLumens or fellow owners. Best regards,

Dave

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave,

Sorry about the smudges and fingerprints. I'll mention it to the factory.

Inside the head, there is a rubber o-ring holding the optics in. You can use a toothpick to pry it out. Then the optics will fall right out, and you can clean it.

Wayne
============================
--- Dave