• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Sold: Mag625 complete kit

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened
For Sale:

This kit includes the following:

FM 2D M@g body which has been tri-bored, anodized HAIII grey, and has a finned head. As with all FM products it is top shelf. This light looks and feels great.

In the light is metal stippled reflector, high temp bi-pin socket, 13.2v battery pack, soldered tailcap spring.

A universal charger with clips and magnets is included, along with the case that is shown in the photos.

This light in its current configuration normally powers an osram 64625 bulb which produces around 3000 lumens. That bulb is NOT included, but they are not expensive to replace.

I will include a much lower powered bulb (which is lit in the photos) this still produces a ton of light and gives extended run time.

Photos of the sexy beast!

PM any questions you might have, and requests for additional photos.

First "I'll Take it" posted in this thread will be given priority.

Payment by paypal or money order only.

$255 for the kit Sold and shipped on 12/28/07 to monkeyboy

This price includes shipping conUS via fedex ground

I will ship overseas, send PM for prices and details.

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Mag625 complete kit

Hello onlinewarlord
I have a few questions;

1) Is the socket compatible with the 64623?

2) Are you willing to sell the light without the battery pack and charger?

3) what does the soldered tailcap do?

EDIT: PM sent

Last edited:

onlinewarlord

Newly Enlightened

To clarify some details for the folks that have sent PM's

This light was built by Mad Maxabeam. I am not a hotwire/mod expert so my knowledge is a bit limited.

1) Is the socket compatible with the 64623?
A: Yes the bulbs are the same size. I do believe that powering a 623 will require a higher voltage battery pack.

2) Are you willing to sell the light without the battery pack and charger?
A: As of right now, no.

3) what does the soldered tailcap do?
A: improved ground

In regards to question #1 maybe one of our more experienced members can chime in on that subject.

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take it :D

Let me know payment details including shipping to UK

Thanks

:paypal:

Last edited:

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

a 14.4v pack would be desierable for a 623 bulb. But those packs are easilly attainable in a wide variety of configurations to fit the size of your host. There is a thread in this section as a matter of fact about somebody selling custom packs but i cant remember who started it.

This light is a steal though with what is offered. Grats on a great purchase.

Edit: Here is the thread. https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/176185

Shane

Last edited:

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thanks Hallis,

I can't decide between the 14.4V and 15.6V packs for the 623. I guess its a trade off between brightness and bulb life. Does anyone know the lifetime of the 623 with 14.4V and 15.6V?

Hallis

Flashlight Enthusiast

Mac would know. As his "Torch" was built on the 14.4v setup. That's what i run in my Polaris TK. its a 3d host with 12 full AA size CBP 1650's. It puts out PLENTY of light at 14.4v. Id rather have the longer bulb life than the extra 1.2v of brightness.

And do remember you're limited in the ammount of cells you can cram in this thing as far as legnth.

honestly i think this setup is perfect the way you're buying it.

Shane

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got it today :twothumbs. Fast delivery. My FM3V-2 head arrived at the same time.

I've also ordered some 64625 bulbs to go with the 13.2V pack and some 64623 bulbs to go with a 15.6V pack. I can't wait! I've noticed that stuff I buy from the US often arrives faster than from the UK and Europe.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
You likely know by now, but the tailcap spring mod which has a thick wire soldered from bottom of spring to the top, technically reduces the resistance of the spring metal, thereby delivering a small increased amount of current & voltage to the bulb. Those bulbs are interchangeable in a KIU bulb holder which MadMaxabeam used. You can fit up to 13 cells in a Mag 2D, although 11 cells is safer for a 64625 or 62138 bulb which flash if voltage/current goes too high.