Any star-wars fans?

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Noob-Geek alert... normal people beware!!

Anyone mod an LED flashlight to make it look like a Star wars lightsaber movie prop?

They used old 1950s flash-gun bodies to make the original Anakin prop seen in episode III. I think it'd be kind of neat and unique.

Valolammas

Enlightened
Maybe just get some plastic toys, cut them up, glue suitable pieces to a flashlight and paint it over?

Actually, you may also want to look at this thread, it sort of addresses the same issue from a slightly different angle.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somebody around here has a full collection of replica light sabers. (the metal ones that cost over $100) I think, in the thread where he showed them off, there was a link to some other company that upgraded the replicas with Luxeon emitters. That thread sometimes pops in mind, because I got a chuckle when Kiessling said Mrs. Kiessling let him know that "they" didn't need any light sabers.

Crazy Kramer, you might want to check out the Lumaray lights -- they have a lot of space-geek appeal.

Last edited:

VidPro

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have a overpriced "replica" light saber, was going to put a HID into it.
but i cant get the dang thing apart, i am going to have to Hack it up with a hacksaw :-( and that ruined my plans.
i thought i could just unscrew the top, arrggg, so it just sits there.

(real jedi warrier i am huh )

thats the one http://www.shop.ultrasabers.com/images/1182911437301-1510187571.jpeg
right there, got it for $100, not 200.

Last edited: