Inova X5T or the ARC AAA

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I've been reading through the CPF Search files regarding compact LED lights and have decided to purchase either the Inova X5T or the Arc AAA. I've read their specs via their respective merchant sites and their prices are comparable, but I just wanted a little extra input as far as choosing between the two. What is the general consensus for these two LED's re: quality?

Any pics that can be posted comparing the two would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks CPF'ers! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

-Jim

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
inova not regulated
arc regulated for 5 hr
inova use expensive 123a batteries while arc uses 1 aaa battery
inova is twice as expensive as arc but has output 4.5 to 5 times as bright as an arc.
both are rugged.

rodmeister

Enlightened
Those two flashlights aren't really comparable. Did you mean the ARC LS? The ARC AAA is a tiny, single LED, keychain light; while the Inova X5T is much larger five-LED light for general flashlight use.

I own both lights and find the quality comparable, with the ARC AAA with a slight edge in absolute machining quality. The Inova definitely wins in the "cool" factor, with it's futuristic look. But I've pretty much retired my Inova for an ARC LS with the single CR123 battery.

Streak

Enlightened
The best light is the one you have with you when you need it. I dont EDC the X5 because of its size I do EDC the ARC AAA because of its size. Both will give you a good flood type beam with the X5 being brighter.
At night I carry the ARC LS with single 123 battery and/or the Streamlight Scorpion.

My Landrover Horror Story

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
I think it'll be the Arc AAA then... I agree with the idea that I'm more likely to have it (small and pocketable) when I need some light.

Thanks for the input ~ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif