TNC 27mm E series head

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E1e that is dieing for a warm white cree upgrade, I was thinking a simple sandwiche shoppe driver board, a RCR123 cell, the TnC head with a MCr reflector would go nicely. Anyone know more about this than I do? I am very new to TnC products.

acourvil

Enlightened
If you mean TnC's SF series they DO NOT fit the e series tubes. Trust me, I bought one thinking that they would.

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are TNC E-Series compatible, not SF E-Series compatible.
Only the tailcap is compatible betwen tnc and sf.

Having said that, TNC parts are very high quality, the HAIII is beautiful and most bodies are chemokote. Eric stock em up every once a while if they run out so you don't need to worry about parts availability.

Last edited:

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have an E1e that is dieing for a warm white cree upgrade, I was thinking a simple sandwiche shoppe driver board, a RCR123 cell, the TnC head with a MCr reflector would go nicely. Anyone know more about this than I do? I am very new to TnC products.

I'm not sure why would you want a Sandwiche Shoppe driver. We custom build TnC canisters to just about any spec and have much more variety of prebuilt canisters, all at a lower cost than the Shoppe. In addition our cansiters are the most versatile out there with even more uses on the drawing board. Our canisters fit in Key-Lux AA lights which are smaller than any E Series light all the way up to multi C cell tubes with every battery configuration in between. In addition our canisters *DO* work on Surefire heads, Aleph heads, VIP heads, MR Bulk heads and others.

Perhaps I should be posting our agenda for building parts?

We are changing the name from TnC SF-Series to EDC-Flex Series. Chris never intended SF to mean Surefire, that was an oversight and it has caused some confusion. In this post then I'll call the SF-Series EDC-Flex.

In January I expect to begin selling E Series adaptors to fit our TnC EDC-Flex tubes for using E Series electronics. We already have an adaptor (Power Pack) to fit E Series heads using TnC Canisters.

We will then build E Series adaptors to fit E Series tubes onto TnC EDC-Flex heads. After that we will build C Series adaptors to work on EDC-Flex tubes. Then we will build extenders for our tubes so you can run 2x or 3x AA, 2x or 3x 18650 cells, etc. There are a number of other parts in the queue as well I won't post since ideas are being copied quite rapidly at this point on CPF.

We've made things very complicated for ourselves and for flashlight enthusiasts trying to build unique and modular parts. It seems we have created much confusion and extra work.:confused: We wish to continue doing this, however in addition I'm going to be posting TK lights for sale as well for those who don't want to wade through all the options. Believe me, it would be much easier to just pop out E Series parts. There are limitations to the E Series we have tried to overcome with our EDC-Flex Series.

Cuso

Flashlight Enthusiast
. In addition our canisters *DO* work on Surefire heads, Aleph heads, VIP heads, MR Bulk heads and others.
Say what???!!! How?? , I thought the canister only screwed in TNC heads?? Do you have an adaptor that I dont know about?? And yes the SF moniker does create some confusion, most peeps , including myself, thought it standed for Surefire.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Below in the links are the adaptors for using TnC canisters in E Series heads fitting our EDC-Flex (SF-Series) tubes. The canisters don't thread into the heads. They thread into the power packs (adaptors).

There are many advantages to this. The canisters are highly adjustable and adaptable. You aren't going to have obsolete heads due to changes in LED configurations. We have lantern heads that fit for true candle mode use. Most guys get this term wrong, ceiling bounce is not candle mode. This is something Mag got right. We don't really need a Mule head since flood is mostly for indoor dry use and you can just screw off the head quickly for a nice flood. Try switching heads on an E Series. You'd have to carry two heads and two LEs or two heads and take the time to swap LEs.

TnC SF-Series Power Pack for Aleph Heads (HA-Black)

TnC SF-Series Power Pack for Aleph Heads (HA-Natural)

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I am looking for is Surefire E series battery tube compatible head that will house a 27mm reflector a cree led and a driver running the cree at about 450ma from a 3.7v RCR123 cell.

My second idea is to go with your SF series 18500 body (you make one right) and get the 27 mm head and use my E1e tailcap (it is compatable right?) with the same internals only driving the led at 500ma and with a larger battery.

Bogus1

Flashlight Enthusiast
What I am looking for is Surefire E series battery tube compatible head that will house a 27mm reflector a cree led and a driver running the cree at about 450ma from a 3.7v RCR123 cell.

My second idea is to go with your SF series 18500 body (you make one right) and get the 27 mm head and use my E1e tailcap (it is compatable right?) with the same internals only driving the led at 500ma and with a larger battery.

To use your E Series tube you would need to wait for our E Series tubes to TnC Adaptors which are in the works but not ready yet. It could be February for these to be completed.

Your second idea should work fine. Yes we make 18500 tubes and these do fit E Series tail caps. I have a small shipment of Flupigs arriving, some driven at 50mA and 500mA. These are preset levels with a very simple interface unlike the standard flupics which have many features but are complicated for some. There are custom flupics with simplified programs as well. The Flupig is the original buck/boost driver for either 3v or 3.6v. I also have a shipment of R2 WH warmer tinted Crees coming. I'm checking today and these parts might be in for all I know.

If you have a tail cap you would need a TnC tube, a TnC power pack, a 27mm Cree head and a R2WH Piglet canister.

Thanks for you interest and please let me know if I can help.