Malkoff        

Thread: Brass ARC AAA?

Default Brass ARC AAA?

I just read tonight that these exist, but I couldn't find a photo of one anywhere. Can someone point me to one, or post one?
    Also it sounds as they are hard to come by, collectors items. How many were made? How much are they worth?

Default Re: Brass ARC AAA?

Here's a pic.

There were 8 made. They were auctioned for about $300 each to benefit the CPF. I think [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Best regards,
    Randy

Flashaholic*

That's by far the best photo I've seen of the extremely limited brass Arc-AAA. Now if there was some way to gold plate one of them.... Brass is ideal for gold plating; I'm not sure if you can electroplate aluminum with gold.

Anyone know if aluminum can be electroplated with gold?

Just curious, as I doubt I'll ever be able to afford the amount of money that would be necessary to convince one of the owners of the brass Arc-AAA to sell it... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif[/img]

Hi guys...

As they say, everything is available at the right price. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I was fortunate to get two of the eight Brass Arcs that were auctioned off for the CPF...to help with the funding of the CPF and to have one for each of my two sons (who are now 20 and 25 years of age).

Unfortunately (or, better yet, probably fortunately), neither of my sons is a flashaholic. SO...if the price is right, I will pass one or both of these Brass Arcs to others who will truly appreciate them.

And they are beautiful. Pecision made, still as "mint" as the day they were born, and with nice bright white beams of light that are as bright or brighter than the very best of the Arc LE`s that I own (and I have a "few" of those LE`s to use for comparison purposes).

If anyone is seriously interested in acquiring one of these Brass Arc`s, feel free to send an email to me. We can then try to "do the deal"!

Best wishes to all, and long live the CPF!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Flashaholic
    Frozen in Liquid Carbonite somewhere in Illinois

Carpe Diem,

e-mail sent for one of the Brass Arc. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]

Thanks,

...a brass Arc AAA head would sure look nice on my brass Arc AAAA body... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

..but they sure are 'spensive.. you wouldn't be looking to lose money on the deal..would you..? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
    TedtheLed said:.. you wouldn't be looking to lose money on the deal..would you..? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The short answer...No! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Emails being responded to, guys, as we speak!

That is a pretty, nice light. I'm wondering how hard it would be to shine one of those, with that knurling. I mean, if I had one, I'd carry and use it, and I would try to keep it polished as well. After all, what's the point of having it brass if it's not gonna sparkle?! (reminds me of shining a lot of "brightwork" in the Navy)

This one , that appears in another thread doesn't appear to have a lanyard hole, does, it? It looks as if it is spherical.

And this one, appearing on Darksbane site, looks like a brass one.

Wow, 8 made, worth more than $300, groovy light.

Actually shankus, I think the second pic is a little deceiving. That looks like natural HA to me... the first pic looks like a prototype.

Oh, the joys of polishing your brass...

Did the final product have any engraving on it? What does it say?

Hi Red...

Welcome to the CPF! I`ve also sent an email to you.

Steve L. ....I`ve also responded to your email. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks, guys!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Hi Steve...

Thanks for your prompt response, and best wishes to you.

Hi Red...

You`re "the man"! Both of these beautiful brass Arcs will shortly be winging their way to you.

Enjoy!

[img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]