Brass ARC AAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just read tonight that these exist, but I couldn't find a photo of one anywhere. Can someone point me to one, or post one?
Also it sounds as they are hard to come by, collectors items. How many were made? How much are they worth?

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Here's a pic.

brassaaa.jpg

There were 8 made. They were auctioned for about $300 each to benefit the CPF. I think /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best regards,
Randy

Gandalf

Enlightened
That's by far the best photo I've seen of the extremely limited brass Arc-AAA. Now if there was some way to gold plate one of them.... Brass is ideal for gold plating; I'm not sure if you can electroplate aluminum with gold.

Anyone know if aluminum can be electroplated with gold?

Just curious, as I doubt I'll ever be able to afford the amount of money that would be necessary to convince one of the owners of the brass Arc-AAA to sell it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys...

As they say, everything is available at the right price. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I was fortunate to get two of the eight Brass Arcs that were auctioned off for the CPF...to help with the funding of the CPF and to have one for each of my two sons (who are now 20 and 25 years of age).

Unfortunately (or, better yet, probably fortunately), neither of my sons is a flashaholic. SO...if the price is right, I will pass one or both of these Brass Arcs to others who will truly appreciate them.

And they are beautiful. Pecision made, still as "mint" as the day they were born, and with nice bright white beams of light that are as bright or brighter than the very best of the Arc LE`s that I own (and I have a "few" of those LE`s to use for comparison purposes).

If anyone is seriously interested in acquiring one of these Brass Arc`s, feel free to send an email to me. We can then try to "do the deal"!

Best wishes to all, and long live the CPF!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...a brass Arc AAA head would sure look nice on my brass Arc AAAA body... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

..but they sure are 'spensive.. you wouldn't be looking to lose money on the deal..would you..? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
TedtheLed said:.. you wouldn't be looking to lose money on the deal..would you..? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

The short answer...No! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Emails being responded to, guys, as we speak!

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is a pretty, nice light. I'm wondering how hard it would be to shine one of those, with that knurling. I mean, if I had one, I'd carry and use it, and I would try to keep it polished as well. After all, what's the point of having it brass if it's not gonna sparkle?! (reminds me of shining a lot of "brightwork" in the Navy)

This one , that appears in another thread doesn't appear to have a lanyard hole, does, it? It looks as if it is spherical.

brass.jpg

And this one, appearing on Darksbane site, looks like a brass one.

blkchn.jpg

Wow, 8 made, worth more than $300, groovy light.

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually shankus, I think the second pic is a little deceiving. That looks like natural HA to me... the first pic looks like a prototype.

Oh, the joys of polishing your brass...

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Red...

Welcome to the CPF! I`ve also sent an email to you.

Steve L. ....I`ve also responded to your email. Please get back to me as soon as possible.

Thanks, guys!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Steve...

Thanks for your prompt response, and best wishes to you.

Hi Red...

You`re "the man"! Both of these beautiful brass Arcs will shortly be winging their way to you.

Enjoy!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.