Surefire L2

ArkAngel

Newly Enlightened
Hi all

I have been offered a Surefire L2 at a VERY good price on the british blades forum.
Will this fella run on Rechargable 123's? I know they may be a bit tighter in the barrel and i will get reduced runtime, but my main question is wil they damage the torch in any way?
the kit i am thinking of are 3V by the way not 3.7

Cheers

**sorry for the noooob question, i am just starting out in this horribly addictive "sport" (or so i tell the wife!)**

Last edited:

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi ArkAngel,

Welcome to CPF!

One option for the L2 is 14670. Do not put 2x R123 (at least the 3.6V variant) in it. I don't know about the 3.3 V or 3.0 V variants - some of them have lesser voltage through circuitry, others have different chemistry.

The 14670 should not damage the light.

Your other post was also about rechargeables. I would recommend that you read up about lithium ion rechargables - there is much to learn and some of it is important safety information. This thread is a good place to start.

Last edited:

ArkAngel

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info Grox

It appears that for the moment i shall take a step back form this until such time as i understand the problems/safty issue a bit more.

hammong

Newly Enlightened
Depending on how often and how long you use your light, you might consider just buying some reasonably priced disposable CR123 batteries for it. I've got three Surefire lights, and I use the $1.75 Surefire batteries in them. I keep 4-6 batteries in the car at all times just in case I need extended run-time, and with a 10-year shelf life I don't worry about opening a pack of dead batteries much.

- Greg

jbosman1013

Enlightened
A single 17670 battery will work but the output is a little reduced. Most RCR123's will not fit in the battery tube, plus if you run this light over 6v it will go :poof::ohgeez:

Grox

Flashlight Enthusiast
A single 17670 battery will work but the output is a little reduced. Most RCR123's will not fit in the battery tube, plus if you run this light over 6v it will go :poof::ohgeez:

17670 don't fit into the L2 in the stock form. I'd be interested to know how you got them to fit? Have you bored yours or is there a version with a tube that fits the 17670?

jbosman1013

Enlightened
it was a ultrafire so i might have got lucky, but it could be the light itself I have never measured it.