Entrapment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightmeup

Enlightened
This kind of thing is absurd. What a waste of taxpayer money.

"Robin Garrison, an off-duty 42-year-old firefighter, was walking in Berliner Park in Columbus, Ohio, in May when he saw a woman sunbathing topless under a tree. He approached her and they started talking and getting comfortable, the woman smiling and resting her foot on his shoulder at one point.

Eventually, she asked to see Garrison's *****; he unzipped his pants and complied. Seconds later, undercover police officers pulled up in a van and arrested Garrison; he was later charged with public indecency, a misdemeanor, based on video footage taken by cops who were targeting men having sex or masturbating in the park. While topless sunbathing is legal in the city's parks, exposing more than that is against the law.

The case is just one of the more extreme examples of police stings aimed at luring people into committing crimes, a tactic that has resulted in hundreds of arrests, many convictions and plenty of controversy. Law enforcement officials say that such sting operations are an extremely effective means of lowering crime rates and stopping the criminally minded before they commit worse offenses. From early 2006 to the spring of 2007, there were 160 citations for public indecency in the city, according to an investigation by 10TV News. Among those who were caught in the stings: an Ohio State University doctor, government employees and a retired highway trooper.

But such operations veer dangerously close to entrapment, say lawyers, civil libertarians and defendants who've been caught in sting operations."

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/story?id=4022717&page=1

meuge

Enlightened
This kind of thing is absurd. What a waste of taxpayer money.

I think the men who came up with this scheme need to be castrated with a spork.

Seriously... it doesn't take a genius to take off one's pants in the park when a hot topless woman tells you to (unless you're in a relationship, or gay, etc...). Actually, it takes a very special kind of a single heterosexual man to refuse.

Greta

Flashaholic
Perhaps this topic is better suited for the Underground? I think I'll close it. It doesn't need to get any more graphic or go any further... know what I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.