Gathering Support for All In 1

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
As far as your idea goes, it's a good idea, but (and I know you've mentioned this) why do you want all these colours in a light? The idea is interesting, but not very useful. What if you want 2 on at once? The dial would require a new UI to work properly. I can't imagine them as being terribly cheap to make/program.

And even if this thread did get a whole load of replies, what are you going to say to a flashlight company? "look, all this internet weirdos agree with me! Must be a good idea!"?. We're few and far between as the general public go.

When I first read this title I got quite excited; thinking of a multi output, EDC'able light which can take lots of different battery types and numbers, easily changeable emitters for easy upgrades, which can be focussed as a thrower or a flood with a nice beam in either, or somewhere in between. Now that I WOULD like to see.

herolet

Newly Enlightened
hello,
laser its a laser pointer. my plan is to have them combine this, and make 1 small simple light that has 5 leds, 1 white, 1 red, 1 green 1 blue, 1 uv and then a laser in the centre, and to control this a 7 postion dial switch instead of buttons.

I will definitely want one of these. What you've decribed sounds like a SF Kroma. I have been eyeballing the SF Kroma for a long time but haven't pulled the trigger because:

1. The high white is only 50lm, a bit too low. And the run time on this is a bit two short. i think it should have over 100lm on high and 2+ hours run time.
2. The run time on white low is a bit short as well. It should be over 40 hrs.

With the two mentioned addressed, I would have bought it even if I have to pay a bit more than its current price.

So, as to your question. If you could have

1. A high (over 100 lm up front) and low (with super long run time) and decent run time on the white
2. Relatively good run time on other colors and the laser. Two levels would be nice, but not necessary. Or maybe you could get rid of the laser and put the white in the center.
3. SF U2-like user interface.
4. Pocketable size, no bigger than Kroma or U2.
5. SF reliability.
6. Can take CR123, RCR123, and 18650.

I know I am asking too much, but this would be a perfect all-in-one light IMO. The price is not a big issue.