My Garrity 1 watt Lux is near death

Retinator

Enlightened
This sucks and the timing really sucks too :(

I've had this light for just under 2 yrs and the switch is going. Last night from walking the dog (spotting ice patches), I noticed the switch felt very spongy. It started to lose that firm click.

Tonight you have to press HARD to get it to register at all. I had a hell of a time turning it off. I don't think it'll survive another week.

Body wise, it's been through a fair amount of falls, scratches etc... some bare aluminum showing in spots. It's the copper colored one if anyone's wondering.

It wasn't my first real light, but has been like an old buddy with me through the dark ages.

Now looking around, I'm likely going to take the plunge and just grab a 6PL.
If I replace a light every 2 or 3 yrs, I'll wish I'd gotten a Surefire to start with. I do need something with some throw, nothing huge but at least twice of what I currently use. Not looking for any recommendations but thanx if you have any :)

The only 2 other lights I have are a gen 2 X1, and the latest X5. Well let's not overlook the 3 mm white LED I have in my Wenger Pocket tool chest with micro light lol.

(sighs) I'm done for my rant ....

Gunner12

Flashaholic
That stinks, at least it gives you a reason to buy a new light.

What ever you get next, I hope you like it.

If you want as much throw as you can get, the Dereelight DBS will throw over 150 meters(The CL1H is also a pretty good thrower). The switches should last a while(Not sure because they haven't been out that ling) but if you want to be certain that the switch will last a while, how about a maglite mod?

Both should out throw a Surefire LED light.

Wellm you could try to replace the switch in the Garrity.

Last edited:

Retinator

Enlightened
Throw is nice, but I don't need a wall of light. If I can get a reasonable amount of light at 50-70 ft max I'll be happy.

I think the 6PL will do me nicely. It'll likely be a very long term light for me. And hey, if the P60L module gets an upgrade it's just one small step to pop one in. Things can only get better.

Oh and the switch I've given up on, it's not worth breaking your nails diggin in to turn it on.

Thx for the ideas, nice to know there are tonnes of options out there.
Unfortunately It'll be a month or two before I grab a new light. (Xmas recovery :))

Khaytsus

Enlightened
I know that kind of feeling.. I bought a Terralux UV Drop-in to get some life out of my first "real" flashlight, my Mag AA. I think I bought it around 84 or so, not sure..

When I pulled out the crappy Inretech drop-in I had in there, the whole guts of it 'moved' and now it doesn't work anymore. I fiddled with it and couldn't get it to work again, wound up buying another one. Got a dark purple to go with the UV, that works. :)