Worlds most powerful flashlight LOL!

tobjectpascal

Banned
http://www.rewci.com/tr60ex60ledf.html

rewilliams_1981_28115645

TREK™ 6000 EX60™ The Trek 6000 EX60 sets a whole new standard in LED flashlights with an amazing array of 60 LED lamps; this is the most powerful LED Flashlight in the world!
Originally designed for underwater video use, the EX60 has a medium flood beam. Double O-ring seals with a lock-off switch make this flashlight a must have for all underwater videographers, cavers or anyone needing lantern power in a compact size.

Patented Tektite technology means the EX60 is the smallest light in its class. The ergonomic quick-release pistol grip allows for configuration as a palm light for THE MOST compact and powerful pocket-sized light! Operates on 6 alkaline C-cell batteries for 4-5 hours at full power with many more hours of additional light output. Comes with an adjustable, cushioned wrist lanyard.

Specifications

• Depth Rating: 300 feet
  • Lamp: 60 LEDs
  • Lamp Life: 10,000+ hours
  • Burn Time: 4-5 hours at full power
  • Batteries: 6 C-cell Alkaline
  • Power: 126 Lumens
  • Materials: ABS and LEXAN®
  • Dimensions: 6.25"L x 2.9"W
  • Weight: 1.4 lbs.
  • U.S. Patent #5,911,497

I bet you're all just dying to spend JUST
Sale Price: $247.25

for 126 lumens!!!!!

:wave::wave::wave::wave:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes such incredible deals are sometimes found out there on the internet. So how many are you going to buy? I"m thinking I should get at least 3. :nana:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Does that say that its pocket size? With 6 c cells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who wants to break the news that you can get 10 times the runtime for equivalent brightness with a single Q5 to them? :p

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thinking further...
about the time that light came out I was using my 500 lumen UK Lightcannon, and I paid less money for the Lightcannon than the cost of that Trek iirc.

jrv

Newly Enlightened
The Trek was far more rugged than the Light Cannon, though I recall it could only run on Alkaline cells, not NiMH, as it was direct-drive.

It also probably gave off gradually-diminishing light for days if not weeks instead of cutting off entirely after an hour or two, which has its merits.

hopkins

Enlightened
The various mfg's saw the bottom line cost of making lites with dozens of 5mm leds as a failed enterprise.

Thankyou Lumiled, Seoul, Cree, and others for making single high power led
lights possible!!!:twothumbs

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think it would be awfully ignorant of ANY company to claim that they make the "most powerful" or "Best" flashlight in the world, because that statement will become obsolete in a few weeks, if not days...

Crenshaw

hopkins

Enlightened
We can guess that the final form of the advert was decided upon
after several drinks during the lunchtime meeting by the marketing guys.

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's amazing to think that this wasn't very long ago either. I remember looking at that thing and thinking wooooow!....amaaaazing! I remember not being able to afford the 60 and instead got this:

Picture28.jpg

jugg2

Enlightened
Does that say that its pocket size? With 6 c cells!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course! Don't tell me you have never pocketed a 6C Maglite...:ohgeez: This thing puts them in 3 rows, so it is even more compact.

Seriously though, I saw that too, makes you wonder what kind of pockets the people who wrote that have.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of course! Don't tell me you have never pocketed a 6C Maglite...:ohgeez: This thing puts them in 3 rows, so it is even more compact.

Seriously though, I saw that too, makes you wonder what kind of pockets the people who wrote that have.

Deep pockets with lots of cash to buy a light that expensive with only so and so many lumens.

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
What if we replaced all the 5mm leds with Rebels? Ok, perhaps something other than Alkalines to power it...and heatsinking could be a slight problem. I see possabilities though.:cool:

woodrow

Flashlight Enthusiast
A perfect example of how much LEDs have improved over just a few years. Before the high power leds this was a very bright led light...

Not very long ago, 60 lumens was the best you could do in a 2x123a light. I wanted one of these dive lights as well. In October 2006, a MMag 3AA was my brightest led light.