LED drop-in for a Surefire 6Z

0dBm

Newly Enlightened
I purchased a used Surefire M2 (with the incandescent P60 lamp assembly). It collected dust in my portable gun lockbox for many months with seeing use because it was a dedicated light.

I have upgraded it with a BOG USA Super Premium Drop-In and I am very happy with its performance.

This post is not about the M2, but I preface it by stating my satisfaction with the BOG module.

I had forgotten that the eBay seller from whom I purchased the M2 had "thrown in," sans-lamp module, a used, well-worn Surefire 6Z; the older, round-head variant of the Z2. This 6Z is still serviceable and I do not wish to discard it.

Satisfied with the how the BOG module had improved the M2, I decided to try it in the 6Z. It does NOT fit; much to my dismay! In fact, it became lodged in the head and I had some difficulty removing it.

Herein lies the gist of this post.

I wish to know which LED drop-in modules fits in the Surefire 6Z.

I realize that several makers have stated compatabilty, however I need actual experience with installing a LED drop-in module in the 6Z before I make the purchase.

Thanks and have a Happy New Year.

Last edited:

Mercaptan

Enlightened
Bugoutgear also makes an older 6P style drop-in... you can select the different types when buying it. That may be a reason why it doesn't fit.

http://store.bugoutgearusa.com/crq5drmo.html

I'd recommend talking to Flavio, email him the dimensions to double-check the head measurements so it will fit. He's a top-notch vendor.

Last edited: