What movies are you watching?

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just thought I'd start off a new thread ,similar to the "What are you listening to" thread,about what movies you're watching or are planning to watch.
Right now: planning to watch the Back to The Future trilogy on DVD.
Next up: Ghostbusters on DVD.(Note make a distinction between movies you have on DVD and ones you plan to watch at the theater.)

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watched "Lean on Me" with Morgan Freeman today. Always did like that show. Schools could probly use a few more "Joe Clark's" around.

TedTheLed

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh, just every new movie that comes out on dvd mailed to my brother as a member of the academy; "for your consideration" -- :grin2:

(they put your name on the dvd now, so if copies are made from it, they know who to blame!)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Snakes on a plane. Not quite as bad as I thought it might be, possibly has potential to be a cult movie.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
I got an HD tivo for Christmas, so I've been experimenting with it...

Yesterday was Ghost, Open Season, Shrek and The Three Musketeers, all on high def.

Today was Scary Movie 4, Independence Day and I forgot what else....

HD is fun. :)

Daniel

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm watching "Rock Hard," right now. Last night, I saw "Hairspray." I liked Hairspray and Rock Hard is really funny. (silly funny) A friend of mine knows somebody who is a member of the motion picture academy, and so, has access to all the new movies, which in turn, sometimes gives me access.

I saw "I Am Legend," last week, and that turned out to be pretty good. I also saw "War," last week, and liked it.

Edit: Watched "The Great Debaters," tonight, and enjoyed it.

Last edited:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watched the two Grind House movies recently, DeathProof, and Planet Terror. Planet Terror didn't do much for me, but I liked DeathProof. Quentin Tarantino's gift for weird dialog just carries this movie along. Kurt Russell does a nice job as the bad guy.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did they split up the fake trailers between the 2 DVDs?
I fell asleep during the weird dialog but Zoe Bell woke me up!
I watched the two Grind House movies recently, DeathProof, and Planet Terror. Planet Terror didn't do much for me, but I liked DeathProof. Quentin Tarantino's gift for weird dialog just carries this movie along. Kurt Russell does a nice job as the bad guy.

Saw Charlie Wilson's War at the theaters. Interesting.

Just got D.O.A. Dead Or Alive DVD. Saw most of the fights already on youtube but needed the DVD to connect the dots.

EDIT
Just came back from watching Will Smith and the Zombies. I do not like zombie movies but ended up watching 3 in the past 12 months.
Grindhouse,
Resident Evil Extinction,
I am Legend.
:sigh:

Last edited:

shakeylegs

Enlightened
Most recently in a theater I saw "Into the Wild" which had an interesting raw energy but ultimately felt frustrating and contrived (not unexpected considering Jon Krakauer penned the original book - never let the facts get in the way of a good story). Young educated but disenchanted man becomes a gypsy of sorts, finally marching off into the wilds of Alaska leaving civilization behind so that he can commune with "Nature". Being wholly unprepared he ends up calling an abandoned bus home. Sean Penn's first directorial role.

I'm looking forward to next Wednesday when our local theater is presenting a showing of "Dr. Strangelove" - wil be great to see it on the big screen again.

Two quirky films I'll drop everything to watch:
"Shall We Dance" - the original 1996 Japanese production (Shall We Dansu) and "Dead Man", 1995 by Jim Jarmusch starring Johnny Depp, Robert Mitchum, Iggy Pop, with soundtrack by Neil Young. Maybe the two slowest films ever made, "Shall We Dansu" is hilarious and touchingly delightful, while "Dead Man" crosses a surreal western with visual and aural poetry. If you like car chases, stay away. My daughter still roles her eyes having seen Sahll
we Dance with me eleven years ago.

"Harvest Moon", while not a movie, has been making the rounds on Showtime et al, lately. Neil Young's concert film from Jonathan Demme isn't all gold, but it's all Neil & Co and has enough moments that I've watched it 4 times now.

Last edited:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Did they split up the fake trailers between the 2 DVDs?
I fell asleep during the weird dialog but Zoe Bell woke me up!

Seems I recall some of the fake trailers were on both DVDs (disk 1) but not all of them.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nobody's Fool- Paul Newman, Jessica Tandy, Bruce Willis, Melanie Griffith
Quite good, one of those surprise movies IMO.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watching The Bourne Supremacy at the mo, moving on to Ultimatum tomorrow :eek:

Regards,
Tempest

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been watching Season 1 & 2 of Kyle XY, watched Harry Potter Order of the Pheonix, and Underdog.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Watched "The Devil's Advocate" for about the 20th time. Pacino in his top form IMO. Alot to learn in this one, "Vanity, my favorite sin".

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been watching Season 1 & 2 of Kyle XY,

There you go! My wife and I absolutely love Kyle XY. Yeah, catch up now, because the new ones are scheduled to air pretty soon. (I'm not sure when, but I saw the advertisement for them, recently. I think, they're scheduled for February.)

Edit: The new episodes of Kyle XY start tomorrow!

Last edited: