powerfull AA

tallgrass

Newly Enlightened
i am looking for the most powerful aa powered led light. quality is important. what do you all say?

qarawol

Enlightened
For a single AA...

The Maxlite Extreme is tops and when one comes available... GRAB IT!

The Extreme II is running a VERY close second and there were times it seemed to have surpassed the Maxlite Extreme. I have both and compared them side by side.

Quality is tops and at $250.00 each (Extreme II), they are well worth it.

Njoy...

sabre7

Enlightened
1 AA- olight t15 q5 from fenix store beats them all especially for throw

Last edited:

jon1996

Newly Enlightened
L1D Q5 save your cash and buy Fenix products, hell for the money you will save buy you 2 o3 the some L91's

j5tar

Newly Enlightened
Whoa, these are pretty pricey. Are the bulbs replaceable? If so, how much do they cost and are they hard to install? Sorry for the noob questions, I am new here.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Whoa, these are pretty pricey. Are the bulbs replaceable? If so, how much do they cost and are they hard to install? Sorry for the noob questions, I am new here.

Good lights aren't cheap. Also, LED emitters (they don't use bulbs) don't burn out like incans, and don't need replaced.

Afraid-of-the-dark

Newly Enlightened
Re: powerful AA

Just out of morbid curiousity are there any other AA lights similiar to these that are made in the US? (I've got one coming from a US company, a Photon Pro, but I realize it is made in China.)

I'm not panning any company for their manufacturing reality; afterall, principles don't pay the bills. However, I'd like to support US-based light companies as well as my favorite China-based ones. (I think Fenix, in particular, really listens to their customer base.)

many thanks for your suggestions

Marduke

Flashaholic
Re: powerful AA

Just out of morbid curiousity are there any other AA lights similiar to these that are made in the US? (I've got one coming from a US company, a Photon Pro, but I realize it is made in China.)

I'm not panning any company for their manufacturing reality; afterall, principles don't pay the bills. However, I'd like to support US-based light companies as well as my favorite China-based ones. (I think Fenix, in particular, really listens to their customer base.)

many thanks for your suggestions

If you took to modding an Inova X1 with a Rebel or Cree, you would get a 100% US made light with awesome output, assuming you could get driver boards made in the US.

There are several things you could do with a MiniMag to get some major output, including Cree dropins, or hotwire mods.