Hi, new to the forum. What a wild place!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wanted to say hello. I've been a flashlight fan for some years now but I toiled alone thinking I was the odd duck. Now that I've found this BB, I see that I'm not "strange" after all. Thanks for all the great information. I just picked up my first Arc light, a AAA and I am blown away. I've always love my Surefire 9P. Now I'm looking for more niche lights for my collection.

Wilkey
PS. Can anyone make a fully regulated head using a Luxeon 5W LED for my Surefire 9P ?

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Ginseng said:
Just wanted to say hello. I've been a flashlight fan for some years now but I toiled alone thinking I was the odd duck. Now that I've found this BB, I see that I'm not "strange" after all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yah...
That`s right...
Yah...

All of us hanging around together on the CPF...

Normal...
Not at all strange...
Yah...
That`s right...
Yah...!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Welcome aboard, Ginseng!

You`re going to fit into our group of happy obsessives really, really well.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

georget98

Enlightened
Be careful though. This place can brainwash your ideas of what flashlights cost. I came in here thinking maybe someday I'd spend money on a real expensive light like a Maglite 4D for $22 at K-Mart.

Before two weeks had passed, I casually dropped $25 for what my parents would call a pen-light. So I love my Arc AAA, but while bright for what it is, it isn't everything.

$20 later comes the Brinkman Legend LX, now that one's maybe a bit too bright for some things.

Maybe a Mini-Mag, everyones got at least one, now so do I. Everyone says it's kind of yellow. Get one and see for yourself.

Well, the Princeton Tec Attitude certainly isn't yellow, is definitely brighter than the Arc AAA, but I think there's still a gap between it and the Brinkman.

So, I'll just keep filling in the holes in size, brightness, battery type, and case color, until I have a more flashlights than Radio Shack has answering machine models.

I suppose I'm in a holding pattern, saving for the Arc LS-4 that doesn't even exist yet. But while I'm waiting, I keep seeing things to make turn that Mini to a nice LED white.

Tomas

Banned
Hi, Ginseng! Welcome to the zoo! Seems like you'll fit right in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
georget98 said:
I suppose I'm in a holding pattern, saving for the Arc LS-4 that doesn't even exist yet. But while I'm waiting, I keep seeing things to make turn that Mini to a nice LED white.

[/ QUOTE ]

One word.

Opalec.

Makes the mini a nice regulated white and gets 10+ hours out of a set of AA's. Best thing that ever happened to a mini.

The little red "Batt Signal" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif that comes on to let you know that that beautiful white LED light will start to dim if it doesn't get new AA's is neat, too. If you are like me (and I suspect a lot of us) you'll either try to find a worn set of AA's or run some down just to see it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Of course there are a lot of other good things that fit the mini, the BB400 is one fine example, but the Opalec Newbeam fits in so well when just the right amount of always-the-same-white-light is needed.

tomsig03.gif

-= MICROSOFT FREE ZONE =-

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm definitely glad I found this place. It's like a whole new world of information and illuminative possibilites I never even imagined. I have three 3D Mags that I've used for years, a few 2A Minimags, A 2AAA Minimag and even a Solitaire. Back when I was younger, Mag really was the epitome of mass market quality, so I bought quite a few of their products. I'm probably going to pick up an Opalec for my best Minimag.

I've got a CMG Infinity ultra on the way because I wanted Arc AAA LE brightness but with a bit more runtime. What's next? An inexpensive, lantern type for the not so occasional power outages in this neighborhood. If I didn't already have a SF 9P, I'd buy an Arc LSH-P with the 2AA carrier.

I can't wait to start thinking about mods. Well, at least it's cheaper than modding my car. Perhaps that's my wife is relatively more tolerant of this particular hobby of mine.

Wilkey

beemerphile

Newly Enlightened
I have an Arc LS2, but before I'd consider an Arc LS with a 2AA battery pack, I'd convert one of those useless Mag 2AA's to a BadBoy500. Add a glass lens and a Kroll tailswitch and you have a most wonderful light. Brighter than an Opalec, though those are nice and have their place as well. The Arc LS series is great because of its size. IMHO, once you do the 2AA thing, you lose the magic of it. - Lee

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
beemerphile,

Where can I find information on the BadBoy500?

Thanks

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys,

Just bought some SS miniclips and an Opalec Newbeam from Berkeley Point. And so it begins...

W

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast
do a search for dat2zip and you will find a link to the sandwich shop where you can get all kinds of goodies like the badboy and madmax luxeon star sandwiches to retrofit your minimag

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gifGinseng you will realy like your ultra.Here is a tip for the pocket clip, my clio slipped alot on the slick body so I put a layer of 2 sided carpet tape inside the clip trimed the tape flush with the clip and then worked it back on the light.The clip no longer moves when put on a hat brim or collar and the tape does not show.I used the thinist tape i could find.

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok,

You guys are infecting me or something. I just ordered an Arc LSH-P and carrier from Tactical Warehouse (that Dan is a super guy) and now I'm thinking about ordering a Badboy500. Of course that means I have to buy another Minimag to install the mod on...

This is getting scary.

W.

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Heh, Scary is only the beginning. Just wait till our fabulous modders get their hands in your pocket. LGI, Blaster, X-Clops, McLux, X-Needle, and many more to come will definitely feel like musts as these LED lights out- power and outlast conventional incandescents.

Welcome to a whole new world! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Best regards,
Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.