Nitecore defender quirks and fixes.

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive been reading a lot of quirks UI quirks and such.I thought I would start a thread to post any issues and fixes you have come up with.

Birchwood casey product to cover up all the graphics.

I find mine difficult turning between modes.Ive tried different orings, not much different with any Ive tried. Nyogel helps somes,good feel. Ive also tried the lube that came with lightflux.I have the threads mostly dry.

Mine seems to be almost
free of issues on UI.Once in a while I end up in strobe mode,I think Its me not turning the head delibertly enough.
Overall Im VERY pleased with this light.:D

Walt175

Enlightened
I have a dead spot between high and where the head gets tight. Turn it slow enough and it will go from the user level to high to off then back to high.

It also appears that the body does not make complete contact with the driver board. All the pics I've seen look like mine. There is almost a crescent moon effect with good contact on one side getting thiner and thinner as you get 180 deg from the "good" side. I have wondered if this is the source of our problems.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
A couple times when I tried switching from low to high one handed I ended up twisting it and stopping to move my fingers right where the contacts change from low to high. As a result it ended up in user defined mode with brightness levels ramping. Changing levels two handed is more reliable than one handed especially since it is a bit of a stiff twist for some.

gunga

Flashaholic
My other little mods to the DI:

- use aa fenix o-ring on the head, this is smaller and allows easier mode changing.

- use the 14 mm GITD tailcap covers on the tai for fun (from Dx).

- Use a 16mm gitd o-ring from dx around the tailcap cover before inserting into the light. This also allows the light to tailstand when on.