Returning Inova X1s...

Buster Bodine

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys!

Okay, I've got two Inova X1s, both have bad tail cap switches and I need to return them for repair/replacement. Problem is, I've looked all over Inova's incredibly slow-loading, flash riddled website (I'm on dialup, that crap kills me!) and can not for the life of me, find an address or procedure for return.

I KNOW at least 20 of you guys have BTDT, so, any help will as always, be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Also, if there by some chance happens to be a cheap/easy fix for this, I'm open for that as well.

Buster Bodine

Newly Enlightened
Seems strange. You do know that the battery goes in upside down in Inova lights, right?

hahahaha...

"Upside down" kind of depends on how you look at it doesn't it? (Yeah, I know what you mean, don't worry.)

They didn't both go dead at the same time, one went, then about six months later, the other one went, and they both went gradually.

Oddly, I have an X5 that's several years old and it's still clocking along as good as new! I'm certainly not trashing Inova, I just got two bad switches and can't wait to replace the X1s. They're AWESOME little lights.

----------------

Thanks for the contact info, xevious, I'll give them a call tomorrow!

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
hahahaha...

"Upside down" kind of depends on how you look at it doesn't it? (Yeah, I know what you mean, don't worry.)

They didn't both go dead at the same time, one went, then about six months later, the other one went, and they both went gradually.

Oddly, I have an X5 that's several years old and it's still clocking along as good as new! I'm certainly not trashing Inova, I just got two bad switches and can't wait to replace the X1s. They're AWESOME little lights.

----------------

Thanks for the contact info, xevious, I'll give them a call tomorrow!

Which versions do you have? The Nichia? I've heard they released a newer version that uses a Luxeon and gets a lot less runtime than the Nichia.

If you do an exchange this might be something to look out for.

Buster Bodine

Newly Enlightened
Which versions do you have? The Nichia? I've heard they released a newer version that uses a Luxeon and gets a lot less runtime than the Nichia.

If you do an exchange this might be something to look out for.

Uhhh....

Heck, I dunno!

Whatever it is, it'll be better than what I have now, so I guess it's not that big a concern. Just for the sake of curiousity though, how would I be able to tell the difference? (Assuming I can't fire it up and see a beam shot of course.)

Btw, great avatar! Open wheel racing is king!

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
One word, that is if you have one near you, TARGET. You can take them back to a target store and have them replaced with probably no issue whatsoever, that is if you want new models...

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uhhh....

Heck, I dunno!

Whatever it is, it'll be better than what I have now, so I guess it's not that big a concern. Just for the sake of curiousity though, how would I be able to tell the difference? (Assuming I can't fire it up and see a beam shot of course.)

Have a look through this thread:https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/163775
According to a picture, it states "2.0 watt" on the packaging of the newer 3gen version.

Btw, great avatar! Open wheel racing is king!

A king close to losing its castle.
Already lost Dario Franchitti and Sam Hornish Jr. to NASCAR. Scott Sharp just filed suit over Rahal-Letterman last month and then they countered. He's trying to get out of his contract with them. He wants to go race somewhere else. Not sure if that means another team or another racing organization altogether.

RLR has recently let 10 crew members go so far including Danica Patrick's old crew chief. Sharp says Bobby Rahal isn't investing money in testing and has took some of the Patron sponsorship money and put it into the Ethanol sponsored car. He said he's just not interested in being competitive and doesn't even act like he wants an IRL team anymore anyways. He spends a lot of time gone to Graham Rahal, his son's, races. Also, Mario Andretti is still insisting Marco belongs in F1.

Between Danica marketing, Tony Kanaan, Helio "Dancing with the Stars" Castroneves and the Chip Gnassi team, there's really not much left.

I think the first order of business is for them to decide that Gene Simmons is certainly not the best choice for a marketing director. He's done nill since he's been there outside of a stupid slogan song and wearing a hat with said stupid slogan on his Family Jewels show.
There's certainly room for improvement in the IRL and much to be done.
The Johncock/Foyt/Mears days are long behind us.

Buster Bodine

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to be so slow getting back on this, I got distracted by life. (Don'tcha hate that?)

After looking at the pics in the linked thread, my two X1s are both 2nd Gen lights. I hate the idea of getting stuck with those newer lights, they look like real dogs but I guess I'm "stuck" with two broken lights otherwise so I'll have no option but to return them.

As far as Target, man I wish! I live in Arkansas, deepest darkest Wally World territory. No Targets allowed.

Although I have several good high powered flashlights and even some good low-medium power lights, I've always loved the X1 for the extremely long run time on a single AA batt. It's always been my fall back light, with one stowed in my daypack in case my primary light went toes up.

I guess I'll just do the return and if they don't perform up to my expectation, I have a drawer in the kitchen for such items, they'll probably end up there.

In which case, does anybody have a recommendation for a good, bright enough to walk a trail, dim enough to read a map, long runtime, rugged, single AA light?

As far as IRL goes...

Yeah, everything you said is absolutely right and I think Rahal deserves a nice swift kick in the nuts for doing dirty to the sport that got him where he is. Danica with her "Who cares if I can't win, look at THESE!" approach to racing is nothing but a disgrace. It's a shame she chose the easy road. I think if she'd have stuck to worrying about pole position rather than pole dancing, she could have made some history. As it is, she's become a parody of herself. (IMHO, YMMV, etc.)

Franchitti and Hornish can't be blamed I guess. They've gotta go where the money is. Especially Dario, it can't be cheap being married to Ashley Judd! :)

Oddly, I feel sorry for David Letterman. I've never liked his show, I've always thought as a comedian, he made one helluva weatherman, but he IS a true fan of IRL in general and the 500 in specific. He loves racing for racing's sake and I've always enjoyed the fact he's a Fan turned Owner rather than a Big Name Racer/Corporate Suit turned owner.

But yeah, you're right. The days of Johncock, Andretti, Vukovich, and even the (personally) much despised Unsers and Foyts are over.