Quick fix for Mag85

Katdaddy

Enlightened
I just put together a Mag85 and I have a small problem. The spring in the head apparently is not contacting the battery holder. Is there an easy fix for this?

Thanks

DonShock

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, remove the switch from the body and stretch the spring on the bottom of the switch slightly. The spring is slightly recessed. I'm assuming you're using those black plastic battery holders with the flat tin on the positive end. If so, another possible fix is to salvage the positive end off a dead D cell and solder it on top of the flat tin. But if you do that, be careful not to melt the black plastic too much.

3rd_shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
Depending on the design of the battery holder, it may be easier to just solder on a small blob of solder onto the (+) tab.
Not too long though, just a quick, melt one on there and then take away the iron before the plastic melts.
I had to do that with a cheap Chinese made flashlight's AA holder before it would work.
Otherwise, what DonShock said ought to fix it. ;)

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fivemega holder so it looks like working on the spring is the ticket.

I'd look elsewhere for your problem as FM holders have a nipple that without a doubt should make contact with the stock switch spring.

Mac