Need answer fast PLEASE(pics added)

houtex

Enlightened
I have a mint Vital Gear Fb1 body(1x123) .I need a head/light engine for it that will run on regular batteries NOT rechargeables that will give it some pow.I don't want to mess with rechargeables. Any and all suggestions welcomed.

Last edited:

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Re: Need answer fast PLEASE

Actually, KX1 or KL1 will both work.

KL1 gives you a bit more flexibility with the head itself, especially the last gen variant. You can run it with more than one body (1x123 or 2x123).

KX1 gives you good lighting (30 lumens) at very good runtime.

-Steve

houtex

Enlightened

I thought that everyone would say Kx1 but I needed to make sure.The reason I needed the answer so fast is because Bass Pro closes @ 6 tonight.Gotta go.Thanks

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast

Too bad about the rechargeables. the vital gear body works great with the "wall 'o Light" KL4 like a champ.
What you need is a single cell light engine mounted to an aleph head. That would work great.
Go to the shoppe and have a look at the completed assemblies.
they have just such a beast. The bodies they sell tend to be a bit more reliable than the smaller vital gear body.
It is funny that you are starting with the tail...the cheapest part of the light. Now in order to get what you want you are going to spend another $100.00 or more. But you should be very happy with it.

Your other option is to have somebody make you a light engine for an aleph head (which you need to buy. It sort of makes for the ultimate in flashlight legos.
Have fun.
Yaesumofo

houtex

Enlightened

Well just got back from Bas Pro and returned with a Surefire E1L, the KX1 head now sits atop my VG FB1 body. Not killer bright but very pocketable. The reason I needed an answer so fast was because I had a Pass Pro gift card burning a hole in my pocket and they close at six.I'll post pics soon.

houtex

Enlightened

Even though form what I have read that the tail switches are questionable I think the look ,feel,finish,and size of the FB1 is great.I ended up buying a E1l. Great little light by itself.Not as bright as some and there are rings but I'm cool with it.Now I'm on another quest to find brighter,smaller heads for the others.
allmydogs006.jpg

allmydogs005.jpg