First light of 2008???

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK sombody's got to ask. Lets make this FUN.

What will be your first flashlight bought or aquired for the new year?
Why?
What will be your first flash light that you sell this year?
Why?

What are you hoping finally makes it into your hot little hands this year?

Yaesumofo

greenLED

Flashaholic
What will be your first flashlight bought or aquired for the new year?
Why?
What will be your first flash light that you sell this year?
Why?

What are you hoping finally makes it into your hot little hands this year?

1. I just got a new SF L1 Cree. There's not a whole lot of "need" or "want" a new light right now.

2. I have a Pila GL4 on the chop, possibly followed by my X5-HA.
Both have seen little or no use, and it's a shame they're just sitting in my bag of lights.

3. Reconstructing an Arc LS3 with an X-bin Lux V. :D
(How're the heatsinks coming?) :poke:

gl22man

Enlightened
i'm also gonna sell a few lights to get me a cree l1 i hope they live up to the hype......
Mike..

z282z06

Newly Enlightened
probably an L2D and a new Q5 P3D of course I bought an L4 that I got today and I have an L2 I already paid for, that isn't here yet, does that count as next year? Oh yeah I have a E2E Black coming also. It's a sickness really.

I do want some bigger lights though. What can I get that packs the lumens of an M6 but is smaller?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lets see acquired will probably be an N30 & Photon Pro from Battery Junction. In transit to me now.
The clear winner of the HID shootout for those on a budget
And the sweetest UI ever now with a cree.

Bought, well I'm still working on that one. :thinking:
I'm thinking about making a SF lego, upgrading hotwires and wishing I could drop 2K on a bigg'un.

Sold? Blasphemy! :tsk:
I don't sell lights, I horde them all give away ones that don't suit me as gifts; and I upgrade good ones that I like over time.

Last edited:

JCup

Newly Enlightened
My 2008 choices:

Romisen MXDL RC-G2, RC-F4 GITD, MTE SSC-P4 42180-U - should be here in a few days.

karlthev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well James, I don't ever seem to SELL anything!! I'm adding on to the house to store and/or display all my light goodies so, I guess my very first aquisition will be the house addition!!:crackup: Kidding of course. Let's see...depending on what schedules pan out here the very first might be a TNc project I'm just thinking about with a BBH and Cree combination or it could be a stainless Dragon. I'm waiting with bated breath for the new HDS but gosh knows when that will be here. I'm sure hoping a SPY 007 is in the wings. Hmm.....why? WHY??? Lordy, that's the question of the century I do believe! Performance, limited production, uniqueness, pride of ownership---because they are there, that's why!! I feel insecure without being able to carry thousands of lumens of potential light energy at my fingertips! Should I really start to go over the edge (some believe I may be there right now!), I have my own personal stash of Lithium available at my side!

Karl

qarawol

Enlightened
Another ARC mania SF-V will be sent to me on the 3rd of January. These are so impressive that I HAD to have one (three level) that I didn't care what happens to it. This one is going to be my beater. This should get to me before I buy another Flashlight for I am clearly broke now!!!

:party::party: The SF-V will be my first Flashlight purchased\received for 2008! :party::party:

Two SF-Vs will be included in the package... One is for me and the other one is for a co-worker that may not have the funds to pay me back. hint... hint.

As for what I will be selling... Surefires, for I have tooo many.

I hope to acquire the TWO Custom SF-V's that I have been waiting for as well as the Mega Extreme.

Njoy...

Last edited:

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
First light delivered will be RC-G2.

First light bought probably Task Force 2C Cree.

I might recommend the 5332 (black) or 5346 (gray) SAIK 1AA Cree lights.

1995 MTE is more floody, SAIKs are spot/spill lights. SAIKs hit the same targets my 2x123 LED lights do! Not as brightly but they hit 'em!

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm interested in maybe getting some variety of Peak light (but which one? So many choices!), the new Arc LS, and maybe a Novatac. I might also get a new Arc AAA. I'm sure it's going to be an exciting year!

Terry M

Newly Enlightened
It'll be a SF G1L ourdoorsman. Can't wait, but it'll have to be after our tax return. I'm so poor.

rtt

Enlightened
I plan to purchase a U2 for the different levels of output and great UI. I also plan to sell or gift my A2, 9P, E2E, Arc-P, (2x) Peak Matterhorn, Blaster 1D and Kroma (may keep this one). I do not carry any lights on myself but always have a light in my day bag. I gifted 12 lights to family members and friends already.

So the lights I will end up with will be LED's and will consist of G2L which is my garage light, AA Mag with Nite-iz drop-in and sanded lens for finding the bathroom and refrig. during the night. The U2 for my bag. Not sure what assignment the Kroma will fill. This is what I am planning for 2008, but there may be changes to this plan if a new light is released that I cannot resist!:grin2:

PatS

Newly Enlightened
1st - Surefire L1 should be here on the 3rd. Will replace my E2E as EDC.

2nd - HDS Twistie 100. Why? Never saw another light that I"needed" as soon as I saw it. Many that I wanted, but none that called to me like this one.

3rd - I need a new truck light. Probably a G2 yellow with an LED. I will have to find a drop in that is multi-mode. Changing a tire while being blinded by my light is something I only want to experience once.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first acquired? HDS Twisty. Why? Because I've already paid for it! ;)

First to sell? Tough one. I guess my Fenix P1D Q5 only because it doesn't get any use.

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope to get an SSC upgrade to my JIL Intelli. The PC board broke from lots of use, so it needs a repair that Milky may get to do as well as the upgrade.
I am selling a couple of Fenix and an Inove in a sale thread right now. Next on sale might be a KD Cree AA.

mbirds

Newly Enlightened
I woke up last week and realized I hadn't bought a real light in over a year (except my Barbolight for diving)! I missed the whole cree boat. So I ordered an L2D Q5 with extra L1D body, both reflectors, and an 8-pack of eneloops. That should do it!

The U2 has been used daily for the past year and a half, I'm curious to see if the L2D will give it a run for its money.

Novaflash

Newly Enlightened
The first light I will acquire this year is the Surefire L1 (a birthday present from my gf). I wanted another Surefire Led because I only have the U2. The L1 has received a lot of praise on this forum and I could not resist.

The first light I will sell this year will probably be a Surefire incan, because I have a couple of overlapping lights that I could use to fund new LED offerings.

Happy new Year!

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
Raidfire spear has been paid for will probably be the first to arrive this year :thumbsup:

I don't sell lights only buy them :grin2:

Latest posts