Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok fellas'! This is it for me, I've purhcased the following:
Fenix P3D CREE Q5
Fenix L0D2
Fenix L2D Premium 100
Fenix L1T
Proton Pro (on order)
ARCLIGHT Premium DS (maybe)

Unless there's a quantium leap in LED or battery technology, I don't see a point in buying another unit! On the other hand technology is easier to aquire than a date at this point in time. HAPPY NEW (LIGHT) YEAR!

chiphead

tedjanxt

Enlightened
My last-ditch buys of 2007:

Glo-Toob lithium (white)
Tiablo A1
Pentagonlight MOLLE light

That does it for lights, I put together a pretty awesome EDC pack (or BOB, whichever I prefer I suppose. Might build two ;)) --- I think the MOLLE light lit a fire under me...

Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger
Maxpedition Triad Pouch
Maxpedition Monkey Admin Pouch
Spec-Ops Packrat (hope to fit in the Monsoon, we shall see)

Plus I sprung for a new pair of Magnum Stealth II boots, and some Carhartt pants and shirts.

The wife is gonna kill me...

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a Molle light just a few weeks ago. Nice tough little light! I also recieved my last light of 2007 today in the mail- a PAK lite with the "super" bright leds and a glow in the dark surface. I had one for a while, but lost it in the flood that I went through several months back. I sure missed my PAK lite. Good to have one again on my nightstand.

BTW, can the Molle light run safely on lithiums?

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
My last-ditch buys of 2007:

Glo-Toob lithium (white)
Tiablo A1
Pentagonlight MOLLE light

That does it for lights, I put together a pretty awesome EDC pack (or BOB, whichever I prefer I suppose. Might build two ;)) --- I think the MOLLE light lit a fire under me...

Maxpedition Monsoon Gearslinger
Maxpedition Triad Pouch
Maxpedition Monkey Admin Pouch
Spec-Ops Packrat (hope to fit in the Monsoon, we shall see)

Plus I sprung for a new pair of Magnum Stealth II boots, and some Carhartt pants and shirts.

The wife is gonna kill me...
I'd forgotten my new Inova T3, I like something built like a tank. I've just gotten a catalog for Maxpedtion, I could use something to carry all my support equipment.

tedjanxt

Enlightened
BTW, can the Molle light run safely on lithiums?

I have an Energizer E2 in mine and have experienced no problems. I haven't shot for runtimes or heat or anything due to the cost of the cell, but it handled a 10 minute spurt under the hood of my car just fine :)

Rzr800

Enlightened
Ok fellas'! This is it for me...Unless there's a quantium leap in LED or battery technology, I don't see a point in buying another unit! On the other hand technology is easier to aquire than a date at this point in time. HAPPY NEW (LIGHT) YEAR!
chiphead

Agreed. I feel lucky to have jumped backed in (after some time off) 'timing-wise' with a few Q5 purchases the latter part of this year and this should :) satisfy our needs for quite some time. Picked up some Q4/Q5 AAAs; along with the Defender and Spear to go along with a M6 that was previously my only decent light outside of a 12ZM.

Ironically; some of those may even sit on the shelf with my new fascination in the do-it-all-well Zebralight. My last buy of 2007 was the H50 and I'm guessing that this light will see more action than all the others combined in 2008 (Edit: which is probably not true; as I really enjoy my new EDC Defender...) ;)

Last edited:

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agreed. I feel lucky to have jumped backed in (after some time off) 'timing-wise' with a few Q5 purchases the latter part of this year and this should :) satisfy our needs for quite some time.

We all know that as soon as the R1 emitter is released, all the lights you just bought won't count for anything, even if the R1 is only 5-10 lumens/watt more efficient!

Nah, I'm interested in the new taskforce as a thrower and a smaller light such as an L0D as an EDC/floody light, but that's all. Honest!

Oh poo, why did I join this forum? :D