A different kind of lanyard..

IowaWalker

Newly Enlightened
I started making chains a while back... got to thinking the other day they would make great, but different lanyards... here is a picture of one. Excuse the quality of my pics... I am using the camera on my cell phone, not very good quality.

2152531621_3cfdee18ea.jpg

2153322546_aaed56c01d.jpg

That is just one style that I make.. there are about 4 more styles. I can make then any length you wish, and add a marble wraped in ChainMaille at the end if you want that.

Happy New Year!!!!

John

DUQ

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice work there Mr Walker. Very different indeed. If you wish to start selling these; post something in the BST section. I'm sure many people would be interested.

IowaWalker

Newly Enlightened
Thank you DUQ, waiting to see what type of response I get... If people seem to like them I will post there... they aslo make good wallet chains...

:party: 2008!!!!!

Robocop

Moderator, *Mammoth Killer*
I like the concept and it looks very nice as well....have you experimented with making these with both paracord and chain together? I have always liked the other style lanyards that use combo type styles. I like the ones that use the paracord shell with the small bead chain ran through the middle.

Maybe something with a chain attatchment for the first half with a paracord braid for the second half. Just a few ideas to play with but the chin by itself is pretty cool anyway. Do you assemble each individual link yourself?

IowaWalker

Newly Enlightened
I have never experimented with adding cord... but you are giving me some good ideas.... I think Scheels is open today... I may go buy some cord to see what I can come up with... as for the chains... I start with plain wire... I make my rings to whatever size I need, different weaves take different sizes of rings... I cut the coils of rings and start weaving... it is pretty fast once I gut the rings made... I can buy pre-made rings, but I like making my own... I get more variety of sizes that way... but you can buy anodized aluminum rings in many colors... so you can have chain that can match your light or whatever...

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you were to put that in your pocket, it would probably scratch non HAIII lights yes? even HAIII will probably show wear after awhile...

Crenshaw

Phaetos

Enlightened
What about wrapping some of that around paracord? That would be sweet.

IowaWalker

Newly Enlightened
I am experimenting mixing paracord and chain, putting paracord first, and then chain to keep from scratching, and also intertwining the two, chain and paracord to see what I can come up with. I will be posting the results soon!! Thanks for the inputs and ideas!!!

I have never done any paracord work before, but if I can weave metal rings, I should be able to weave paracord.... and so far I am pleased with my results.