Energizer Hard Case Professional Headlight 100 Lumens?

tron1974

Newly Enlightened
I was looking around the energizer site and saw this headlamp. I have not seen it locally or in the forums. 100 lumens with 3 AA batteries?

I also can't find any other information about the light.
TUFHD3APH.jpg

Link to hard case pro headlamp

Last edited:

dw51

Enlightened
It's kind of funny. I was just looking at this as well at the Energizer site and was going to post the exact same question. I hope someone can fill us in on this light.

:popcorn:

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks good :thumbsup:

I think Lowe's carries a 2xAAA "Hard Case" light with a Cree, so this could be another Cree for sure.

No blue LED? woohoo. Like an improved Rayovac 1xAA, though lacking a diffuser...so not really? We'll have to see a beamshot. I hope it's decent.

I think this could retire my RR K2 (aka Costco Rayovac).

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm looks like 3xAA. Not bad. I wonder how easy it is to access the LED. I really don't know what the use of the green LED is. If any resident plumber would like to let us know what pipe inspection would have to do with anything please let us know. :p I'd likely replace the Green with a good white floody 5mm LED. Or maybe a low wavelength UV if the job called for it. Having reds pre-installed, it would be easy to replace them with IR or Amber if those suit one's needs better. Good potential IMO. It all depends on if we can get good access to the leads to do some soldering.
I wonder if the battery pack is in the front or the back. 3 AAs up front would be kinda hefty.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
If those red LEDs are for night vision, wouldn't it make more sense to have just one? If they put out so much light that... oh, never mind. They probably just have two in series because they can, thanks to the lower forward voltage.

TMorita

Enlightened
An Energizer headlamp?.... Generally zero water-resistance is often a safe bet with those. :(

This is in the Hard Case professional series, not the regular series.

I have the 2D Hard Case flashlight, and the 4D Hard Case lantern, and they both use O-rings in the right places, so this one is likely to be water-resistant too.

If it's built as sturdy as the rest of the series, it should be pretty good.
Does anyone know if there's a rear battery pack or not?

Toshi

Monocrom

Flashaholic
This is in the Hard Case professional series, not the regular series.

I have the 2D Hard Case flashlight, and the 4D Hard Case lantern, and they both use O-rings in the right places, so this one is likely to be water-resistant too.

Toshi

That's a good point you brought up. Might pick one up myself the next time I head to Home Depot.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does look good. It has a top strap, and the size of front portion seems too small for 3 aa cells so I'm imagine it use a rear battery compartment.

I'd like to know what's with green led and pipe inspection as well.

Rzr800

Enlightened
I'd like to know what's with green led and pipe inspection as well.

I'm not sure that this has anything to do with it; yet I'd always use a green LED to decipher dirty/scratched (raised or recessed) stamped metal serial number tags on used equipment. Never found anything that worked better.

Rzr800

Enlightened
Called Energizer...not available until "spring" :awman: through (supposedly) Home Depot. The different color modes might make this a decent seller for them.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Considering they just released two other Cree Hard Case lights, this one is probably Cree also. Almost has to be for the 100lumen claim. Also, their Hard Case line is quite waterproof.

Cavelightchris

Newly Enlightened
I am sort of a research expert when it comes to google, so I typed

red led night vision green army

I knew some of this stuff at one point in time but forgot it all:

"[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]It has been said that the green light will not interfere with the hunt, that animals are 'blind' or indifferent to green light.[/FONT]
nightvisionbear.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The green LED is also a good night vision retention color that will allow you to distinguish colors such as yellow and red on a map or chart, and provide a great night light for walking or hiking yet not upset most animals. For the military, night vision equipment does not easily detect green light. Thus, more and more military personnel, hunters, and other similar consumers are switching to green LED as their choice of personal as well as duty light. This is evident by the increasing orders for green LED flashlights of every kind."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.theledlight.com/nightvision.html
[/FONT]​

TMorita

Enlightened
I am sort of a research expert when it comes to google, so I typed

red led night vision green army

I knew some of this stuff at one point in time but forgot it all:

"[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans serif]It has been said that the green light will not interfere with the hunt, that animals are 'blind' or indifferent to green light.[/FONT]
nightvisionbear.gif

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The green LED is also a good night vision retention color that will allow you to distinguish colors such as yellow and red on a map or chart, and provide a great night light for walking or hiking yet not upset most animals. For the military, night vision equipment does not easily detect green light. Thus, more and more military personnel, hunters, and other similar consumers are switching to green LED as their choice of personal as well as duty light. This is evident by the increasing orders for green LED flashlights of every kind."[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]http://www.theledlight.com/nightvision.html[/FONT]​

Okay, now I'm imagining some guy running around inspecting the pipes of wild animals without disturbng them, kinda like Robert De Niro in Brazil crossed with a park ranger.

Toshi