Fenix P2D: A Party in your Pocket!

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
Tonight I was at a New Years party with twenty people, all young couples (but not the heavy drinking types). Shortly before midnight someone turned up the music and cleared the floor a bit and an impromptu dance floor broke out. It didn't take long after that before someone started flipping on and off the overhead light to simulate a strobe for a few seconds.

I'm not much of one for dancing, but here was a place where I saw that I could contribute! I quickly retrieved my Fenix P2D from my coat and set it to strobe mode and set it on the table, pointed towards the ceiling. With most of the other lights off it turned the whole living room into a discotech! 7 to 10 people danced with the Fenix going for about an hour after midnight and seemed to have a really good time.

I was happy to stand back watch. Several of the guys came over to me after inspecting the flashlight a little closer and wanted to know what the heck kind of flashlight it was that was so small and yet so bright! That was really a highlight in the evening for me as it's not too often that non-flashlight people think you're cool because of your flashlight.

Well, that and when one of the girls threw a little plastic ninja into the chocolate fountain and it got jammed and started spinning and throwing melted chocolate all over the room. That was pretty cool too.

Happy New Years Everyone!

Monocrom

Flashaholic
LOL !

You used the strobe feature on your Fenix light for partying! :D

Uber cool. Kudos to you. :thumbsup:

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
what do we always type when someone mentions those "unnecessary" and "silly" light levels that "get him in the way"?

"One does not have to get to SOS or strobe, but good to have it, when You need it"
;)

passive101

Enlightened
haha that sounds like you guys had an awesome time!

Way better then my new years.

Lemon328i

Newly Enlightened
That's a great story! As a CPF member, I clearly get why you had the P2D with you, but why in the world was that girl carrying around a plastic ninja?

xevious

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL--great story!

Yep, the strobe really is useful. I've used it in two ways, so far:

1) Moving quickly through the crowded streets of NYC at night--turn on your strobe, pointed at a downward angle of course, and magically the people part the way for you. I've only done it twice, when I was in a major hurry to get somewhere. :)

2) Got dumped out of a very crowded movie theater and was trying to locate a few of my friends. I spotted them, but they couldn't see me. Turned on the strobe and the problem was solved in an instant. :D

GuyZero

Newly Enlightened
Moving quickly through the crowded streets of NYC at night--turn on your strobe, pointed at a downward angle of course, and magically the people part the way for you.

Wow - that is a really cool idea, and I bet it works quite well if you only use it sparingly. I don't know that I'll ever be in a place to need to do this, but it's always good to have clever ideas in your back pocket!

Thanks for sharing that!

PB92

Newly Enlightened
Neat story bro, I do like the strobe feature, if only to amuse my flashlight fetish...........

L.E.D.

Enlightened
Pretty cool story. For New Years I shoved a dorcy 1aaa light into a potato, loaded it into my potato gun and fired it up into the sky right when 12:00:00 hit. thing went WAY up there, tumbling as it went up giving the light a strobing appearance... was a trip to watch the little white light falling back down..

jugg2

Enlightened
Well, that and when one of the girls threw a little plastic ninja into the chocolate fountain and it got jammed and started spinning and throwing melted chocolate all over the room. That was pretty cool too.

LOL! For some reason I found that hilarious... Cool use for the strobe though, I love it just to amuse myself or confuse people.