P3D Q5

Cool Hand

Newly Enlightened
Fenix-Store is out of P3D Q5's in natural haIII !??! I saved up to get one and they're out! They've discontinued the color!?? Does anyone have an olive/natural side by side shot?

Which is the most durable color?

Last edited:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix-Store announced a week or two ago that Natural finish was being discontinued. Hopefully they'll bring it back sometime.

daveman

Enlightened
I believe silver will replace the natural finish eventually. Yes, I read the official lines sometime ago that silver P1Ds were an "accident" not likely to be repeated again. I don't believe it.

As far as loosing natural, I'm not all that sad. With black, olive, and another light colored finish (most likely silver) to choose from, I'll be alright.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like my lights to be black, you never know what situation your gonna be in, and you dont want some bright or shiney body to grab attention. But i suppose with the abismal quality of the hardened anodizing, i dont suppose it matters.

ltiu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix-Store is out of P3D Q5's in natural haIII !??! I saved up to get one and they're out! They've discontinued the color!?? Does anyone have an olive/natural side by side shot?

Which is the most durable color?

No pictures but the head of my natural P3D Q5 started to discolor (after about 3 months of use) so it looks olive. The rest of the body still looks natural. So now the head and the body have different color.

mr.squatch

Enlightened
Lighthound says fenix is discontinuing the natural and replacing it with od green. They had one in stock and it was very pretty. More like a dark natural color rather than green. I like it

g

Cool Hand

Newly Enlightened
I like my lights to be black, you never know what situation your gonna be in, and you dont want some bright or shiney body to grab attention. But i suppose with the abismal quality of the hardened anodizing, i dont suppose it matters.

I don't think I've heard or read anyone say they weren't happy with the quality of the anodize on a Fenix. What makes you?

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
It dings very much so, and as far as i know its a well known thing about the fenix HAIII coating. My P2D has been in my pocket with spare change and it is so dinged up it looks like i had it years. My Inova X5 never looked like that, i had it for ages and gave it to my parents, and it still looks as new as new can be.