Fenix contact problems - silver grease will fix?

Xe54

Enlightened
Hi:

I have an L2S that flickers or doesn't light when the head is turned to the low power position. I also have a L1P that only lights if the tailcap is screwerd really hard.

On the L2S I cleaned the head and body threads/contact areas with a glass brush. They are very shiny. Yet still trouble.

Will silver grease fix this?

Beaky

Newly Enlightened
My T1 had the same problem as your L1P: It would not turn on unless the tail cap was screwed on really tight.

The problem in my case was that the "clicky assembly" went too far into the tail cap, so the battery tube would just barely make contact with it. I solved it by placing an extra spacer between the clicky and the rubber cap.

I'm pretty sure silver grease would not have helped in my case! :)

Xe54

Enlightened
My T1 had the same problem as your L1P: It would not turn on unless the tail cap was screwed on really tight.

The problem in my case was that the "clicky assembly" went too far into the tail cap, so the battery tube would just barely make contact with it. I solved it by placing an extra spacer between the clicky and the rubber cap.

I'm pretty sure silver grease would not have helped in my case! :)

Yeah, I had the same problem with my L1P. The tailcap depth was 0.372" vs. a body threaded length of 0.369" give or take a few. I solved it by putting a couple dabs of lead-free (SAC305) solder on the PCB in the tailcap, where it contacts the screw-in retaining ring. That spaced the contact out about 0.018" more and all is well.

I still have trouble on the head side of the L2S though...

-walle-

Newly Enlightened
If you're talking about something like Arctic silver, i'm actually fairly sure it will not conduct electricity, it is however slightly capacitent.

A guy on a forum i used to frequent tested it, but i can't seem to find the test.