ArmyTek        

Thread: E2E/KL1 vs. A2 vs. McLux vs. LS

Default E2E/KL1 vs. A2 vs. McLux vs. LS

If you could buy just one of these lights which one would you prefer for all around EDC use?

If you have a favorite I would love to know which one and why.

Thanks!

Default Re: E2E/KL1 vs. A2 vs. McLux vs. LS

Well, I have an E2e/KL1 and an LSH-P. I enjoy the LSH-P much more and carry it with me. The E2e with stock head sits next to the bed. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I will likel use the KL1 as host for a 5W mod.

- G!mpy

Hopefully a month from now we'll all be screaming "McLux!"

But for now, E2e/KL1 is the one I'd pick while we wait.

Flashaholic*

I would go for the A2. Nothin in the LED realm can outthrow an incadescent...yet. The fact that the A2 combines the power of an incadescent, and the versatility of LEDs, AND regulation, all in one package is very appealing, and would be very usefull.

Of course, this would depend on your usage of an EDC light. I have cycled through 3 different lights to see what would suit ME. I've tried carrying just an Arc AAA, but have found that it is too dim for urban use. Since there is ambient light around me most of the time, the Arc AAA, for me, would only be usefull in a true emergency, where all other lights have failed.

I have tried to EDC my Arc LS, but found that it still isn't bright enoegh. Of course..this is only my preference. It has come in handy, however, for around the house duties, the garage, and other circumstances where 50-60 lumens is too much. The Arc LS is REALLY usefull, and even more practical than any other light that i own, for camping and other situations where constant light is needed. For urban use, though, ambient city light usually overpoweres a 1-watt LED anyway.

I have settled on EDCing my E2. Of course, when the A2 becomes available, it will be replacing my E2. For urban use, it is quite the light to have. It's as powerfull as larger lights, but fits comfortably in your pockets and in your hand. It can easily light up your neigbors house's dark corners and alleys from across your street, even with a street light nearby. It may not be practical for constant-on use, but you will find, in urban situations, you will rarely use your incandescent light for more than 10 minutes at a time. If you were ever to use it longer than that, it would be for an emergency, like a power-out, or a tire change.

The A2 combines the best of both worlds. Use the 50 lumens for spotting, distracting, or blinding, and use the LEDs for less light intensive tasks, like reading maps and other prolonged situations.

I hope this helps.

Flashaholic*

I am looking forward to the TK McLux as a flood light for use when mucking around with boxed electronics and computers. I don't always EDC the same light. It really depends on where I expect to be. When going out at night I always carry an incandescent which I use to inspect my car in parking lots after shopping or dinner (I have had so many hit and runs in parking lots it's not even funny). Anyway the four you mentioned hold much value to me as EDC with the A2 being the the most likely EDC amongst them followed by the LSH-P. I should have an A2 in the next couple of days so we'll see if my expectations hold.

Cheers.