New light for the wife

nickz

Enlightened
My wife has been carrying a fenix l2s that I upgaded with a cree or a seoul I dont remember which. I think it was a seoul but either way she has seen some of my surefires and wants one.

She has landed on the e2d due to the strike bezels on each end or at a last resort the 6pd. She wants the strike bezel to have a chance at breaking a window in the truck if she needs to. I wonder if there is another reason but she assures me that it is only for the possibility of busting a window if needed.

I in one way would like to keep the standard 60 lumen setup for the blinding output at night but I am also thinking about he mn02 25 lumen lamp for the 2.5 hour runtime in case she needs it. This will be stored in her purse so a spares carrier will be out of the question so the bulb in the light will have to be what she has to use and no spares.

I like the form factor of the e2 series for her small hands.

I have a thing for incans and really do not like leds for their poor color rendition. She has played around with my g2l and really doesnt care for it either. So by that note, we prefer incan but I am open to discussion and reasons why going to led would be better besides the obvious runtime.

What are your suggestions. The light must have a strike bezel on atleast the front end and she wants a budget of around $100. Any help will be appreciated.

nickz

Enlightened
E2D it is. I cannot believe my wife actually selected a $110 light herself without hesitation. Hopefully she starts collecting surefire's too but I am not holding my breath. I do however think it is possible that she picks up an E1E at some point as she really loved that little light but it didnt have the strike bezel.

I havent pointed out to her yet that if she bought the E1e that she could take the bezel and tailcap from the E2D and be all set. We'll just have to located an E1e in black finish. I'll save that conversation for later though ;-) !

nickz

Enlightened
Thanks for the tip BobK. I'll drop that into my favorites until her light arrives ;-) .