Are you loyal to just one brand of torch?

Terry M

Newly Enlightened
I just wondered if there was any flashaholics out there that will only buy one particular brand of light?

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think many of use have our favourite manufacturers but certainly if one manufacturer's light has features that another does not, then I think we will not limit ourselves and are willing to try something else out. I honestly don't think any cpf'er has only onebrand in their collection.

Scorpionboy

Newly Enlightened
I'm new to this with only one light(another soon to be ordered) but I'm certainly not loyal to just surefire, I can see the attraction of other brands of lights. Fenix may not be as durable as surefire by far but they make keychain flashlights which appeal to many. Just my opinion.

cernobila

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll have a good look at what works, does what I need and is good value for money....I don't mind giving up on a brand if I feel that it has been superseded by something better.....no brand loyalty here. As there are no lights manufactured in AU I don't mind where it comes from as long as its what I am looking for.

wishywashy7

Enlightened
I just wondered if there was any flashaholics out there that will only buy one particular brand of light?

oh no here we go again...

I base my choices mainly on what's available in brick and mortar stores. I don't have a credit card so I can't shop online...

Mostly just Surefire AND Fenix with the occassional Mag...

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Not really. If the flashlight has a tactical switch of some sort, I'll consider buying it.

That in itself limits things a bit, but there's still a wide variety of flashlights that have that capability.

-Steve

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im open to any light that can earn my trust, especially if its going to be my edc. I will carry my old, trust earned edc around, along with my new one for a few weeks, if the new one fails to fail, it will earn my trust.

none of my fenix lights have ever failed...:devil:

Crenshaw

djblank87

Enlightened
I would hope that not a single person on this forum would own and favor just one brand, what fun would that be ;).

I started out my flashaholic life with a serious love for Streamlight products. I have almost every single Streamlight product made. I also have a serious amount of Surefire products.

I came to CPF and discovered NovaTac, ARC, Wolf Eyes, Fenix, Dereelight, Tiablo, Regal, Olight, etc. I knew about the very bright world HID's but I never knew there were so many different models and also how small each unit can be.

I still have never found the ultimate perfect light that works for every application that I alone intend to you use it. Some have come close but a perfect light for me hopefully will never be found cause then I would have to stop coming to Flashaholic meetings. :grin2:

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
No loyalty to one brand, although I certainly would look more favorably on some and not others based on experience. The beauty of today's flashlight market is that we have a HUGE number of choices available to us. That was not true just a few years ago. I say:

1. Watch for new products
2. make an evaluation of what the manufacturer says vs your needs, costs
3. Wait for the reviews and beamshots to be posted

If it looks good to you, then you lay down your dough.....:paypal:

otherwise you can be sure there will be another new light making an appearance in less than a week around here! :grin2:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not at all. When it comes to brands I tend to be very fickle. I am more loyal to retailers than brands. No single retailer has everything so I have a group of retailers that I generally always use because I trust them and know they will give me top notch service.
I don't own more than 3 lights from any single brand, except for Maglight... but only one of those mags is stock (wimpy MagLED soon to be replaced) all the others are just hosts for my lumen lust. If Inova actually comes thru this year then I will likely have more than 3 Inovas in the future. :D

GreySave

Enlightened
No. There are a few brands that I favor due to their quality, price, warranty, and level of after sale service (Not in any particular order). There are also a few retailers whom I favor for many of the same reasons. Yet I will purchase other products from other retailers after I see some reviews / experiences with their products / services over time.

There are also brands that I strictly avoid as their price just seems way to low to instill any real level of confidence in the quality of the product of after the sale warranty of service.

But, I also have a need for solid products. For others, the "fun factor" may make purchasing the lower priced products a worthwhile investment. Nothing wrong with that.

BillG

Newly Enlightened
No....not at all. i look for lights that have few or no issues....that's why i wait about 6 months after a light comes out to see what user experience is like.

i have very few things that i am loyal to:

hellmans mayo.....cheeto's.......arid xx deodorant. :)

that's it.

Bill

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I mostly stay away certain brands rather than lean towards one. If I have a brand loyalty it's Surefire and Streamlight. But I mainly just avoid cheap lights and let it go at that. :)

So far my luck with Chinese lights has been poor (except for Wolf Eyes) so in general I avoid them.

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll buy anything, but Arc has always been my favorite (though I'm not crazy about the new LS).

437.gif

Zenster

Enlightened
My loyalty is given to the features of "quality", "performance", and "best value" (not "cheap", but "the most for the least").

Brands come and go, and as long as I send my money to those brands that best come through on the above features (and others do too), then the brands that should survive will, and those that don't survive, shouldn't anyway.

EV_007

Enlightened
I like variety, but certain manufacturers have a larger presence than others in my collection.

I own lights from over 10 companies. Each have their uses.

Hog

Newly Enlightened
No loyalty here but I do have preferences.
I am loyal to the dealers that I buy from, & all were discovered here.
Hog

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
No particular loyalties here. Of course, certain brands get more attention, but mainly I'm an equal opportunity flashaholic.

Geoff