Romisen RC-I3 experiences?

linterno

Enlightened
I would like to know experiences about this flashlight. I know this is an inexpensive one (probably cheap, I don't know).

Please tell me about brightness, runtime, appearance, quality, etc. If you can make comparisons with other flashlights better.

Please don't recmmend me a Fenix or anything else. I already ordered Fenix L2P with L1P body and tailcap. I need a review about Romisen RC-I3.

I already asked this question in another thread but I got no answers. Probably because there were some other questions.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You mean P2D with the L1D body, the powerpack right? The L2P is a Luxeon light that was amazing for it's time, but is not the brightest now.

I might have seen one or two reviews of the RC-I3. i think they said it was much brighter with 2 AA batteries and quality is pretty good for the price.

aussiebuddha

Enlightened
HI, Metalzone posted that he bought one and i just sent him a PM asking him for more info about the length without the 2AA tube and if it can take RCR123s of 3.6V, will post once i hear back from him..

anyone else has one of these?

linterno

Enlightened
You mean P2D with the L1D body, the powerpack right?

You made me notice this now. I bought this P2D and where I live (El Salvador, Central America) those CR123A are really difficult to find and if found are really expensive . I have made a big mistake buying the powerpack.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Buy the batteries online(Cheapest good batteries are $1 USD each) or buy 3.0v rechargeable batteries(The 2 AA body would also work). That would solve your problem.

Just use the AA tube for now(Or you can cancel the order and get the L2D-CE).

HaileStorm

Enlightened
Hi! I just saw this thread. I've had the rc-i3 for around 5yrs now. Still works perfectly. I find that it has a very good build quality as compared to my other cheap lights. And I just found out that you could take out the middle tube, haha! It's my trusty light that I leave in the car for emergencies. Some people have issues with the switch, I've never encountered such problem even though mine has been taking a beating for years. It's been to numerous beaches and hiking trips and it's still as good as new albeit for a few scratches and a lost o-ring. Just don't submerge it though cause it will take in water.

I like this brand a lot, so much in fact, that I got another light from Romisen, the rc-t602 1000 lumen beast. Totally awesome, but stupid powerful :thumbsup:.

ragweed

Enlightened
I have 3 Romisen's although not the model mentioned. The switch is replaceable & can be had for around $1.35 each I believe from Shining Beam.