Foward clicky vs reverse clicky

737mechanic

Newly Enlightened
Ok I have had no luck searching through the threads trying to find the difference between the forward and reverse clicky switches. Can someone explain to me what the difference is between the two.

Seems most led lights have reverse clicky swicthes, is this better than forward clicky.

kilgor

Enlightened
Forward clickie = the light comes on as you push the button down (or forward), like on a Maglite. This allows temporary on/off.

Reverse clickie = the light does not come on until you begin to let off of the button.

KeyGrip

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wether one is better than the other is subjective and up to the individual user. Reverse clickies are simpler and easier to produce. The level switching of some lights requires a reverse clicky.

737mechanic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Kilgor, thats what I was needing.

Marduke. That first link is very good, I bookmarked it so I can get back to it very easy.

I did try to search in titles only but after 20 min. of reading so many different post and coming up empty I figured it would be much faster to just ask and in less than 5 min I got what I needed.

thanks guys.

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ive been meaning to ask this, WHY is it that reverse clickies are easier to produce? i took one a part, and it looks like the back of a click pen...but shouldnt there still be a way to have it foward?

Crenshaw

Marduke

Flashaholic
Ive been meaning to ask this, WHY is it that reverse clickies are easier to produce? i took one a part, and it looks like the back of a click pen...but shouldnt there still be a way to have it foward?

Crenshaw

Then it would be the more complicated forward clicky, and a totally different switch again.

TorchBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen the inside of a forward clickie switch. Is there a diagram or some clear photos anywhere?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've never seen the inside of a forward clickie switch. Is there a diagram or some clear photos anywhere?
+1

i wont be taking my forward clickies apart, simply because there doesnt seem to be replacements available at a price that is worth taking apart one..

and i want to see the surefire twistie, with momentary, on diagram..

Crenshaw

Beastmaster

Enlightened
Realistically, how much of a cost increase does a forward click switch create?

I (personally) detest reverse click tail cap switches. IMHO, it basically defeats the purpose of having a tail cap switch to begin with.

-Steve

L.E.D.

Enlightened
IMHO, the best type of switch is the good ole twist w/ momentary button tailcap. The contact reliability of a twisty coupled with momentary convenience, also impossible to accidentally switch it to stay on using it momentary, which could be a big tactical screw up if it stayed on by accident. Some are even variable level capable. Example : Surefire L1 :)

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
IMHO, the best type of switch is the good ole twist w/ momentary button tailcap. The contact reliability of a twisty coupled with momentary convenience, also impossible to accidentally switch it to stay on using it momentary, which could be a big tactical screw up if it stayed on by accident. Some are even variable level capable. Example : Surefire L1 :)

+ 1x10^999

Crenshaw